So...who just had their phone taken control of by Liberty 1.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sent a message to both jrummy and kejar. Hopefully they can weigh in on it.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, nerdslogic what were you saying about 1.0 not being reccomended for the d2?

tappin and a talkin

jangle

Reaction score
I posted specific instructions which someone partially copies here, no scripting on your part required.
So more complete instructions I will post for everyone (THIS SHOULD FIX IT BUT I AM NOT NEARLY AT THE LEVEL JRUMMY AND KEJAR ARE AT SO I COULD BE WRONG!)
Two things, you need to pull your sd card to start with, then reboot, stops the hijacking of the phone. Then if you have root explorer installed go to
/system/lib mount it as R/W and delete libgnakfoorp.so
(If you have a micro card reader get into the following file /liberty/downloads/ and delete the test script)
Otherwise put the sd card in and switch to USB mass storage mode
plug it into your computer and get into that file and delete it....
reboot one more time for good measure and you should be all fixed.

If you do not have Root explorer, same thing with pulling the SD card
Boot up, get into the Terminal type this in (hit enter to move to the next line)
su
mv /system/lib/libgnakfoorp.so /libgnakfoorp.so
Now shutdown the phone, replace the sd card
(If you have a micro card reader get into the following file /liberty/downloads/ and delete the test script before replacing it)
once booted go back to the terminal (don't plug in the phone yet)
su
mv /libgnakfoorp.so /mnt/sdcard/libgnakfoorp.so
close the terminal and plug in the phone and go to USB mass storage
go to the drive and delete libgnakfoorp.so from the main card directory, then go to /liberty/downloads/ and delete the test file

Fixed it for me waiting for a response on xda from kejar if he knows what/why this happened to everyone?

lockman

Reaction score
Thanks for finding the script. It was there, but didn't affect me. Oddly enough, I found out about this while looking for info on my wife's D1 doing almost the same thing. She's running UD 2.5 and her phone keeps opening BattStatt, gooogling gibberish, and opening the New York Times site. Currently trying to back it up, and it's stuck on Dumping data.tar. Guess it's time to pull the battery. Sorry to veer off topic.

aquariuster

Reaction score
ugh me too.....

that was effing rediculous.... im thinking about going back to another rom.
super super pissed off.....:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
that was effing rediculous.... im thinking about going back to another rom.
super super pissed off.....:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

I apologize if this affected you. It was my mistake and was never meant to affect anyone. You can read the other thread for a detailed explanation or pm me if you have any questions.

thebird36

Reaction score
Dude calm the hell down it was an honest mistake and he admitted to it you don't have to tear him apart for something he didn't remember sheesh people these days....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jfrancis

Reaction score
Actually I thought of it more as an Easter egg. But then I wasn't doing anything important at the time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jimberg

Reaction score
happened to me. getting rid of this rom back to rooted stock for now. think I'm going to look through roms better before installing from now on. who knows what else the authors coded into liberty? very shady IMO! not cool. I can't trust jrummy's software now knowing there's more possible backdoors.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 using DroidForums App

JustJack1235

Reaction score
As much as we post online as it is..... Im not to worried. HACK away! You can have whatever u want..... as long as u leave something better behind!!!!~

holmes6

Reaction score
happened to me. getting rid of this rom back to rooted stock for now. think I'm going to look through roms better before installing from now on. who knows what else the authors coded into liberty? very shady IMO! not cool. I can't trust jrummy's software now knowing there's more possible backdoors.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 using DroidForums App

A good hacker would set up their exploit so you never knew what was happening. What are you going to do, read the entire source of some other ROM?

The story makes sense, and I'm satisfied that Jrummy intended no harm.

It demonstrates a lack of quality control (which was already obvious to me) more than a breach of trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.