So whats the best launchers now?

Riley

Reaction score
I've been using helix 1 for a while now and while it worked great and I used 5 screens etc, it would get funky now and again and also get laggy at times. So today I tried LP. So far so good. I have had a few lag issues, but thats' on initial boot up and probably because i use a LOT of widgets on 5 different screens. But once it's all loaded up, it rips pretty good. I also love how the app drawer stays where you last left off, handy when going through placing icons. I am using a Live Wallpaper with it and it is working, but maybe that is actually why on boot up it gets funky.

Busa Zlayer

Reaction score
I've had Launcher Pro for a couple of weeks now and it works like a champ. Looks great and the performance is amazing.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Brando: I mean using true custom icons with bettercut for the tray. Not just using stock icons.

JimmyD

Reaction score
This reply is for those who have commented on the ADW Launcher extra dockbar....

I use ADW Launcher and at first, I hated only having 2 persistent icons and then having to take that extra step to get to the extra dockbar with my 6 additional icons.

BUT THEN I REALIZED.....

In the ADW Settings, if you go into the UI Settings menu, then UNCHECK the option: Closing dockbar (Auto-close dockbar after app-launch)...

you can slide up the extra dockbar and it will STAY on the home screen until you choose to slide it back down!
:icon_ banana:

So.... I created my dockbar with the following 6 icons:

Icon 1 = phone app
Icon 2 = "network" (a shortcut created with the awesome free app called "Apps Organizer")
Icon 3 = "notes" (a shortcut created with the awesome free app called "Apps Organizer")
Icon 4 = "car" (a shortcut created with the awesome free app called "Apps Organizer")
Icon 5 = "tools" (a shortcut created with the awesome free app called "Apps Organizer")
Icon 6 = camera app

SO...... when I click on my second dockbar icon which I called "network", a folder pops up with all of my "networking" apps as follows:
- Gmail
- Work email
- Messaging
- Google Talk
- Facebook
- Tapatalk
- Tweetcaster
- Yammer
- YouTube

When I click on my third dockbar icon which I called "notes", a folder pops up with the following apps:
- 3banana
- Astrid Tasks
- Barcode Scanner
- Key Ring
- PackRat
- Remind Me
- Shop Savvy
- Virtual Recorder

When I click on 4th dockbar icon called "Car" I get:
- aCar
- Car Home
- Earth
- Maps
- My Tracks
- Radar now
- SpeedView
- The Weather
- wardrive
- Zillow

When I click on the 5th dockbar icon "tools" I get:

.....too many apps in that folder to bother listing.

You get the idea though! :) From my single 6 icon persistant dockbar from ADW Launcher, I have organized access to all of my most used apps without having to access the regular app drawer!