Basic Froyo UI question

Agrajag

Reaction score
I've been using Launcher Pro for a while (and Helix Launcher before that) and I'm generally okay with it though I've found it sluggish of late.

I just got the 2.2 update and the two biggest things I use Launcher Pro for are pretty much in the default Froyo Launcher.

Those are:

1. 5 screens (I have no interest in 7 now)

2. The bottom bar that lets you have static icons there for much-used apps.

It's the second one I'm curious about. Does the default launcher allow you to extend it as you can with Launcher Pro to include 4 apps there instead of the 2 in Froyo? If not it's back to LP. If so then how?

Thanks.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I've been using Launcher Pro for a while (and Helix Launcher before that) and I'm generally okay with it though I've found it sluggish of late.

I just got the 2.2 update and the two biggest things I use Launcher Pro for are pretty much in the default Froyo Launcher.

Those are:

1. 5 screens (I have no interest in 7 now)

2. The bottom bar that lets you have static icons there for much-used apps.

It's the second one I'm curious about. Does the default launcher allow you to extend it as you can with Launcher Pro to include 4 apps there instead of the 2 in Froyo? If not it's back to LP. If so then how?

Thanks.
Unfortunately you are limited to the browser and phone shortcuts in the default launcher.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought as much but hoped I might get lucky. So far Launcher Pro seems happy as can be under Froyo so it's all good so far.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
the dock bar is a feature of launcher pro

I realize that and noted that it's one of the two key reasons I use Launcher Pro. I had some interest in possibly going ahead without it using Froyo but sadly it won't do what I need it to do so it's back to Launcher Pro.