Launcher Pro to imitate sense?

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Apologies, I did post this on the LP site, but I figured I might get a quicker answer here.

I bought a Droid 2 Global yesterday(Birthday). However, I really like the HTC sense UI. I've been told that I can simulate it using Launcher Pro. I've downloaded the free version to test but I can't figure out how/where/what to add to get the sense look. Is it a theme that I need to overlay on LP something else? I only have the phone a few hours and I'm now learning it. (No manual WTF?) Anyway, I'll appreciate any help. I know people generally hate the manufacturer UI but I find sense quite attractive.

Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not sure if the new LP will have HTC sense UI. that'd be great if they could imitate it though.

As for a manual your Droidshoyld have came with a quick start guide other than that I don't believe there is a full manual. Android has quite the learning curve but you'll pick it up fairly quick. The learning curve isn't too steep

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Not sure if the new LP will have HTC sense UI. that'd be great if they could imitate it though.

As for a manual your Droidshoyld have came with a quick start guide other than that I don't believe there is a full manual. Android has quite the learning curve but you'll pick it up fairly quick. The learning curve isn't too steep

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

I was able to find a pdf manual on the Motorola site. As for the sense, I asked a similar question a while back and someone posted an image of their droid home screen with the sense look. They were the ones who suggested LP. However, I don't know if it was just LP or if there was additional stuff loaded.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What you need to do is google launcher pro sense dock. You will find some images you can use as your dock background. Then you can grab a weather and clock widget from the marketplace that looks like the sense one. Actually you can probably google launcher pro sense theme and get some really good instructions.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
heres a few docks to imitate sense..

mio_dock.png

mydock.png

Im using this one with the Elegant Steel Theme and it matches quite well
mio_dock_hd.png

when you use these your gonna want to use a blank icon when setting it up or it will look like crap with another icon on top. Here is the icon its 100% transparent.

http://launcherpro.droidicon.com/sites/default/files/lpicons/transparent_button_0.png

>

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Also, to add to everything else, if you get LauncherPro Plus (the paid version) it includes widgets that are very similar to FriendStream and the Sense UI widgets :).

dwcasey

Reaction score
Also, to add to everything else, if you get LauncherPro Plus (the paid version) it includes widgets that are very similar to FriendStream and the Sense UI widgets :).

+1 for Launcher Pro Plus. The included widgets are worth the price of admission. It's a lightweight and zippy home replacement.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Definitely worth the price for plus. There are so many options for docks and custom icons. There is a free app called "Launcher Pro Icons" that lets you download docks and icons, and new ones are added constantly. You will probably end up abandoning trying to imitate sense, and come up with your own "theme". The widgets are great, and the custom swipe actions are awesome too. Play around with it for awhile and you will be hooked.dancedroid

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Bought LP pro yesterday. Haven delved that deep into the option yet. Still like sense, but I can see how I could come up with a custom look.

Thanks all