So whats the best launchers now?

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a month and I keep seeing all these new launchers, but I don't know their names. Whats out there beside Helix? I heard of one that looks like the new 2.2 launcher, which is that?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
There's launcher pro which is probably the smoothest and then there's adw launcher which has the froyo look and it is very customizable. I was never really a fan of helix but im liking launcher pro

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for launcherpro

thing is blazing fast and extremely fluid and smooth. Makes me feel like my stock Droid is rooted

OSX2000

Reaction score
LauncherPro is like baby Helix on crack, I love it. The speed is just unmatched.

bigsal82

Reaction score
Just took everyones advice and tried launcher pro... WOW. this is really nice and my phone is so responsive. thanks for the advice everyone Launcher Pro kicks arse

bemdubau

Reaction score
I've been using launcher pro for a couple weeks now. It's worked great....

vmann32

Reaction score
LP is great but the static apps no 2 keeps changing on me.Other wise dancedroid

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro #1

and after that its a tough decision between Helix 1.4b or ADW. ADW has lots of options but I don't like having only 2 quick shortcuts. I know there are 6 more in the drawer but thats an extra step I don't need. LP & Helix are perfect with 4.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
LP will be pretty much perfect when you can add custom icons to the launcher tray.

Spartan

Reaction score
Have to agree, I'm really impressed with Launcher Pro's speed. I had been using Helix for a couple of months, then tried ADW. I really liked the improvements of ADW over Helix, but after several days started getting repeated force closes. Switched to LP and its been great. Hard to explain how much smoother it is with no lag and no force closes.

brando56894

Reaction score
You can add custom apps to the launcher tray. I used ADW for a week or two and at first it took a little while to get used to the "extra dock" but once I got used to it I loved it. I switched to launcher pro and kept trying to bring the dock up lol

On a clean CM 5.0.7 OC'd to 1.2 GHz launcher pro runs smooth as silk, that is until something screws up (most likely the kernel) and starts lagging like crazy...