Launchers

droijo

Reaction score
Hello all,

Did a search but wasn't able to find a topic for it.

I'm looking for atleast 5 screens and know there are a couple launcher apps out there like helix and home.

I was wandering, what do you guys use and what can you recommend? What do you think is the best one?

Last question is, do I have to start the app everytime and will it clear my current desktop configuration (icon, wallpaper,etc) so that if I do decide not to use it, I will have to set everything up again?

Thanks all.

Kmart95

Reaction score
I recomend helix 1. If you choose set as default you will not have to choose it everytime you press home and if you decide to go back to the stock launcher your current setup will be saved

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Did a search but wasn't able to find a topic for it.

I'm looking for atleast 5 screens and know there are a couple launcher apps out there like helix and home.

I was wandering, what do you guys use and what can you recommend? What do you think is the best one?

Last question is, do I have to start the app everytime and will it clear my current desktop configuration (icon, wallpaper,etc) so that if I do decide not to use it, I will have to set everything up again?

Thanks all.

Helix is popular, but I prefer the stock look (and function). You wont have to start the app every time, as long as you set the new home app as the default action, and you will have to re-setup your desktop configuration for the new app.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 for Helix Launcher! Don't know how I lived without it for so long! :i-m_so_happy:

OP
D

droijo

Reaction score
Thanks, anyone with other recommendations and why? Or more +1 for helix. ;)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Zeam seems pretty awesome. Nice performance, and some unique features.

Up to 9 screens as well.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on the helix boat also. Helix launcher (original) has been working great for me.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Zeam seems pretty awesome. Nice performance, and some unique features.

Up to 9 screens as well.

Oooh I'll have to check that out. I've been seeing some really great recommendations lately.

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
Another +1 for helix. Nice features and I have found it very responsive

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just tried out Zeam for a bit and was pretty impressed! Really nice launcher. If I wasn't so attached to Helix's shortcuts at the bottom then Zeam would be my second choice.

gszeman

Reaction score
Add another +1 for Helix1 :) It's smooth and fast...I don't like the 3d Helix2, it was really choppy for me.

OP
D

droijo

Reaction score
Ok, I have just installed helix. So far so good, I did run into a force close program. I do want to set it up as the default, however I have a question.

If I did, and run into a force close loop, how can I go back? I was able to go back because I didn't set it as default yet and when I click on HOME, it allowed me to choose the android launcher. I didn't see a setting in the configure options.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings < Apps < Manage < Helix < Clear Defaults, and you'll be back to where it asked you which home launcher you want to use.

cb2000a

Reaction score
I am in the stock camp as well. I got tired of launchers force closing so I now use stock only.