So what's next after the Nexus/RAZR/Rezound?

Detonation

Reaction score
Are there any rumors on what's next after the current wave of new releases coming out soon? Since the summer all the rumors have been about the bionic, vigor, nexus, etc, but now that those are released/confirmed, I haven't seen anything about what's after those. Since it looks like Verizon is going to be releasing 3 top of the line phones in November, is it safe to assume it will be a while before something new comes out (april/may next year, similar to the gap between the OG Droid and Incredible 1)?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Droid4 just leaked earlier this morning, article can be found on the news section of the site.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
funny... i was thinking the same thing recently. Hubby got the RAZR. swweeettt phone :icon_ lala:

Iam not due for upgrade til Feb2012, and dont want to get the same one.... not really feeling the Nexus either :mellow:

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wo what a thread bump

Haven't heard any rumors of newer phones other than the D4 after the Nexus, and rumor is they're coming out same day. I'm trying to stay out the rumor mill as I've already set my mind on the Nexus and definitely checking it out day 1.

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
I beat you to the post over a month ago:D
True that. Any more recent info on when the Droid 4 is going to see the light of day? A friend is looking to move off of their BB 9800 and I have been lobbying heavily for them to look at the Droid 4, but no Droid 4. My friend would really benefit from the speed of the LTE network. The Droid 4 looks like it would fit my friend's needs perfectly (physical keyboard, LTE network, large (but not too large) hi-res screen, ultimately ICS in 1Q2012, and, and, and). But so far, no Droid 4.... :frown:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
The T100 by a new manufacturer....Skygen....it'll be running Android for sure:blink:

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
oops....that's right....skynet not skygen. Killed my own joke....now I gotta go back and edit my post.

suliman

Reaction score
oops....that's right....skynet not skygen. Killed my own joke....now I gotta go back and edit my post.

Yeah but your edit killed my joke ah well.. anyone on the gnex forum really care what the next phone will be? Whatever it is it wont have an unlocked bootloader and that's really the main motivation for me getting this phone. If for some reason this isn't the case I will probably save my upgrade

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah but your edit killed my joke ah well.. anyone on the gnex forum really care what the next phone will be? Whatever it is it wont have an unlocked bootloader and that's really the main motivation for me getting this phone. If for some reason this isn't the case I will probably save my upgrade

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

rediting my edit to restore your joke.