So, if I factory reset my phone...

scubaman6985

Reaction score
I have rooted my phone and installed a few apps and recently have been having some issues with my phone. When ever people call, occasionally it takes 15 or more seconds for the answer or ignore buttons to appear, which usually results in me missing calls. The screen doesn't even activate. I also have gotten two complete freezes on my phone that were solved by a battery pull.

So I've just decided to reset my phone and wait for 2.1 to be released, and let my Droid rest comfortably. The only question I have is, where do all my apps go? I have a few I paid for, and I don't want to lose them forever. I've read on this forum that they get stored/backed up somewhere, can anyone tell me what I'll need to do to recover my apps and contacts and what not after I reset my phone? Thanks!:motdroidvert:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As long as you are using a gmail account all will be fine. After doing a factory reset it will ask for you gmail account and pull the apps that you had from before.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you use the same gmail email address as your primary when you reinstall your email, whatever apps you purchased will be in the Market, and actually might even reinstall themselves without manual intervention. I don't know if you were using a Home app like Home++ or Pandahome, but if you were, I'd recommend you stay with the stock screen and you will not have those bad lag issues. I was having the same problems until I did my factory reset a few weeks ago. Things are running much better and faster now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not an expert on what happens when you root. Are you going to do a hard reset? I imagine you are. Your apps will have to be downloaded again. Your paid apps you wont have to purchase again.

OP
S

scubaman6985

Reaction score
Yeah I have been using Home++ and I absolutely love it for the workspace scrolling, it just flows so smoothly and I love being able to hide the notification bar. But I can wait out for the 2.1 update I hope haha. As long as its here within the next couple of months!

Thanks for the info guys. Now factory resetting my phone and looking forward to starting new, haha.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Note that for paid apps, it will look like you're paying for them again (I forget the wording but it's something like "validating payment") but you're not.

OP
S

scubaman6985

Reaction score
Well, I just did a reset, but I still have the Superuser Permission app in my application tray? How do I remove this? Doesn't this mean I'm still rooted?