So I went back to stock for the update... rant

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Returned to stock build on Saturday morning in preparation for this update rolling out... and I have to say it was fun this weekend playing with the good 'ol factory spec Bionic... all those apps I had deleted were kinda like an old friend I haven't seen in awhile … but it's that old friend who gets on my nerves after a couple days and I want him outta here... in short... I'm over it

I had this thing cruising stealthy with only a few processes running in the background and 550MB of free ram at my fingertips at all times!! The extended battery was lasting an easy day and a half with pretty heavy use... BUT NOW?!?!

HOLY CRAP THIS SUCKS!!! .... I uplugged from the charger this morning at 6... it's now 2pm and I'm down to 30% already... I have over a dozen apps running in the background all the damn time and my free RAM is down to 215 if I'm lucky... and what's up with that stoopid slacker radio app??? I've never signed up for it or even opened it to see what it is and it's ALWAYS FREEKIN RUNNING!!! you can kill it or force close it but it just starts itself back up again and creates folders in my internal memory and caches files... WTF?!?!

Let's get this update goin so I can get back in there and hack this thing up and have my speedy, battery saving, hunk of man muscle back in full swing again... wait... that sounded weird :-/

rdgxray

Reaction score
Wow! I feel the same way about bloat. I see slacker and city id running in the background ...not sure if they really affect anything...wish they weren't there. The fact the phone comes with this stuff is annoying. The fact you cannot uninstall it unless you root is criminal.

Only the dead have seen the end of war ... and trolls :)

OP
b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
+1 on the criminal offense … does it make you wanna root? That's what pushed me into it and I'm glad I did it... I don't do all the custom roms and stuff but just stripping out the bloat is worth every penny!!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I wish someone would make a app that stripped bloat and left what ever markers that OS needs, auto-magically.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a app that stripped bloat and left what ever markers that OS needs, auto-magically.

Someone correct me, but I believe when Titanium Backup freezes apps, it leaves those "markers" in place.

OP
b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I think the key words in his comment were "auto-magically"... titanium leaves it up to the user and that can be frustrating when you do something wrong... I've borked my phone several times and had to start over with psouza's return to stock... however , this has taught me alot about my operating system and i like having all that knowledge when I root and start deleting

OP
b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Update: got the OTA a little while ago... high pitch is gone from audio...(nice) ... camera is... "kinda sorta better" but it ain't spectacular or nuthin … focus is faster.. low light isn't so grainy... but it ain't fixed... it's just better than it was... my stock browser is ripping fast for some reason... I didn't know it was in the bug fixes but it's the hugest difference on my phone right now... incredible difference... with the browser and the audio fix, I'm very happy with this update right now!!!