Did I screw up my FRG22D update?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by shenanigans_ink, Sep 3, 2010.

1. shenanigans_ink

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the notification shortly after 5am this morning, but my battery was nearly dead so it wouldn't update so I left it plugged in a little longer. when I eventually tried to update I got a lit up screen with an exclamation point in a triangle above a droid phone. this hung on for nearly 10 minutes. I unplugged the phone it cycled off like the battery was dead, so I plugged it back in and it cycled on again. After that the update was gone and the phone was still running FRG01B. The phone says no updates available and I took the phone to the verizon store and the rep there had no idea what I was even talking about. He kept telling me I had 2.2. no duh, just not the latest version that was about to install.
    did I screw something up and can I fix it?

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    did it download? if it did you can boot into recovery (the ! point screen) and install it yourself

3. shenanigans_ink

Ratings:
    +0
    i searched the forums for a way to do that, and I can't find it. I'm unrooted. does that matter?

4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    no you can be unrooted

try to boot into recovery (power up and hold down the x key) and choose apply update.zip

if that doesnt work, you can manually download it and install it by just searching for it