So I scratched my droid screen

lehman44

Reaction score
Some how my droid got 3 scratches on the screen and now my droid is possesed. When I say possesed I mean the screen moves around on its own and random things are selected. It also butt dials people when I try to use the phone. Any suggestions other than getting a new phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some how my droid got 3 scratches on the screen and now my droid is possesed. When I say possesed I mean the screen moves around on its own and random things are selected. It also butt dials people when I try to use the phone. Any suggestions other than getting a new phone?

Get another phone. I'm not encouraging fraud here because it doesn't make sense that scratches, which is pretty hard to do IMHO can cause your Droid to go act up.

Exercise your warranty and next time if you put your Droid somewhere don't put it next to a diamond, diamond dust, or sand. ;)

OP
L

lehman44

Reaction score
I spoke to Big V and the customer care rep didn't really believe me, but I ended up getting a cpo htc eris. I wish I knew how I got the scratches because; I droped the phone before on concrete and didn't have a problem with nothing on the screen. Then just recently the scratches appeared.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You made a huge mistake there, accepting an Eris as a replacement. The Eris is nowheres near the phone that the DROID is. Granted, the way VZW can be at times you may be lucky you got that; but I know I would have raised a hell of a stink.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exercise your warranty
Scratches aren't a warranty issue.

I wish I knew how I got the scratches because; I droped the phone before on concrete and didn't have a problem with nothing on the screen. Then just recently the scratches appeared.
Something harder than the screen rubbed against the screen. You don't have to drop the device to scratch the screen.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Exercise your warranty
Scratches aren't a warranty issue.

I wish I knew how I got the scratches because; I droped the phone before on concrete and didn't have a problem with nothing on the screen. Then just recently the scratches appeared.
Something harder than the screen rubbed against the screen. You don't have to drop the device to scratch the screen.
Scratches aren't covered but he is also having software issues which are covered so he should've asked for a replacement droid instead of an eris.

Sent from my Droid

T2noob

Reaction score
Yea don't take an eris as a replacrement its crap compared to the droid. I myself upgraded to a droid from an eris and now the eris sits in my shelf.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bleetness

Reaction score
I dont understand how you scratch it lol, I dropped my old one on concrete, Not one damn scratch on the screen. The screen must be heavy duty or some****.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I've dropped my Droid on the concrete several times and as tough as the screen is, I still received one or two tiny tiny barely visible scratches as a.consequence. The only time I can see the scratches though is when I look very closely at the screen in direct sunlight (I can't see them under normal lighting), so it doesn't bother me at all. And that was the result of multiple drops and one of those drops resulted in the Droid's screen falling flat on the corner of a brick. I suspect that that was the drop that scratched it.

micp1480

Reaction score
You want to see a video about the glass on the Droid. Go to You Tube and type in Droid Glass, next, click on Motorola Droid Scratch Test. Watch this guy hack at his Droid with keys, and guess what? No scratches. Finally, here is what everyone needs to see on You Tube regarding your Droid. Type in Gorilla Glass Test, which is made by Corning, and you will be surprised. After my research about the glass on our Droid, I am now a firm believer that the screen protectors are money makers, and don't serve a purpose. I have been without a screen protector for over a year, and not one scratch, and I don't have an office job, I have an active job (911).

MICP 1480

Droidfish

Reaction score
I've got a couple small scratches. They are really small and only really visible when the screen is off but they are there. I bought my droid last November and I have had my screen protector off it for about 8 months. I'll agree that nobody really needs a screen protector but I'll also say that gorilla glass definitely can be scratched. How it affects the functionality of the touch screen is beyond my knowledge.

Tough deal getting an eris though, I mean it's not a bad phone per se, but it's no replacement to a moto droid.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have one small 1/8" scratch on mine, not noticable really, and I'm one of those anal people typically. Got it (or noticed it) about 6 months ago. I may have hit it with a key, don't really remember.

I think in this case since it really has no effect on my viewing, I just am a little more careful with it, but at the same time it transitioned me into the "it isn't new anymore" mode, kinda like how you clean a new car endlessly until that first scratch or small dent and then .... :)

micp1480

Reaction score
I am reading here about people who have scratched their glass on their Droid, and it validates my reason why I wouldn't get the Droid X. Larger screen, love it, but more surface area of glass to increase the chance of damaging the screening.

MICP 1480