Droid screen DOES scratch.

serialtoon

Reaction score
Just an FYI. The droid screen is prone to scratches. My droid was sitting on my laptop today and the girlfriend decided to drop it (not on purpose :p) and guess what. Small scratch on the screen. I've seen some videos of people using keys to try and scratch the screen by running them through the screen. Well, its not an impossible feat to achieve. So just keep it in mind, maybe a screen protector IS a good idea. :-D Cheers!

jlnguyen

Reaction score
perhaps it is not a scratch but a crack instead.

this. a crack can look like alot like a scratch. the glass screen is pretty resistant to scratches but cracks, not so much. :[

adam8ch

Reaction score
it scratches :p quartz, diamond, lots of other stuff thats harder than glass will scratch it. i think ive posted this everywhere, look out for diamond earrings. iphones and other devices with glass screens have this problem.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is some way to scratch the screen but since it either sits on my office table, my dock, in my hands or jeans there isn't that much danger.

I've had a blackberry for years and it got dropped a ton without major problems and it has a plastic screen.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I wouldn't say prone to scratches but yes it can scratch as I've scratched mine already.

miss chris

Reaction score
or keep it away from your boyfriend! :) There are some ladies here with Droids too fellas! ;)

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Anyone else here freak out when someone else grabs your droid?

I agree, keep away from significant others/kids/dogs and so on :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anyone else here freak out when someone else grabs your droid?

I agree, keep away from significant others/kids/dogs and so on :)

I usually OC or CC....So most that know me...Leave my toys alone ;)

_33

Reaction score
Mine has a wicked gash in it. I wonder if there is anything out there to repair them. Is the screen real glass? If so, maybe one of those eye glass things would do it.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I pulled a Bruce Lee on one of my coworkers who walked in and picked it up like it was "just an object" or something???

I reached out so quick to grab it, I knocked it out of his hand and caught it with the other. It was all by chance but the guy commented, "Damn bro I don't think Bruce Lee could have done that better!"

:icon_eek:

Shel

Reaction score
I pulled a Bruce Lee on one of my coworkers who walked in and picked it up like it was "just an object" or something???

I reached out so quick to grab it, I knocked it out of his hand and caught it with the other. It was all by chance but the guy commented, "Damn bro I don't think Bruce Lee could have done that better!"

:icon_eek:

Wait... you let him LIVE????

:)