Droid screen DOES scratch.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Wait... you let him LIVE????

:)

Well... I had considered a quick straight-arm to his throat to drop him, then slamming my knee down across his neck and yelling, "Don't you ever, EVER touch my Droid again without pre-written consent and a $500 deposit!" then finishing him off with an eye-gouge. Reality caught me just in time to save him.

I even considered an alternative of snatching his iPhone out of it's holster and doing the Mexican hat dance on it followed by some rude comments about his wife and kids but once again, my maturity saved him from a cruel retaliation.

Besides... being my supervisor that probably would have lost me the raise I am hoping for. Bosses are funny that way ya know?

Last edited:

moot

Reaction score
I don't suppose there is anything that may help to prevent screen cracks is there?

RyanS2000

Reaction score
I don't suppose there is anything that may help to prevent screen cracks is there?
Nothing short of a pouch\slide-in style case. There needs to be something to take the impact besides the screen. A pouch can absorb the impact and save you from a crack. I am considering getting a case of some sort just for when I am running errands or whatever and have it naked while at home or work. I use screen protector only at this point.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anyone else here freak out when someone else grabs your droid?

Since it's usually near my G36....no one tried to grab it :icon_ banana:

Ding911

Reaction score
You see, the thing with the Droid screen is that its impossible to scratch and difficult to break.......ON PURPOSE!!! You can put it through all kinds of torture when your trying to demonstrate its resilience but an accidental six inch fall will end your screen viewing pleasure.

moot

Reaction score
Nothing short of a pouch\slide-in style case. There needs to be something to take the impact besides the screen. A pouch can absorb the impact and save you from a crack. I am considering getting a case of some sort just for when I am running errands or whatever and have it naked while at home or work. I use screen protector only at this point.

I see. How do you suppose a seidio case might fair in prevent screen cracking? It's kind of rubbery, I guess.

Reaction score
I'm sure there is some way to scratch the screen but since it either sits on my office table, my dock, in my hands or jeans there isn't that much danger.

I've had a blackberry for years and it got dropped a ton without major problems and it has a plastic screen.

Plastic is more flexible than glass, it can give a lot more before it cracks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have worn glasses almost all my life. I wore them back in the days when they were made out of glass. Now they are all made out of plastic.

I never scratched my glasses. I had a pair shattered in an argument but never scratched.

Even the "scratch resistant" glasses get scratches on them. There is just no way that plastic works better then glass to resist scratches.

This is the last comment I'm going to make on this issue. Too many threads about it already, it's not prone to scratching and it does take some talent or a freak accident to scratch it.