My droid is possesed!!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by 19DroidRage84, Jun 16, 2010.

1. PowerPlayGraphix

Ratings:
    +0
    After fooling with it a little more (waiting on my replacement to come in), it is DEFINITELY a hardware issue. The capacitive sensitivity seems to have gotten super sensitive and ANY oil on the screen from skin contact sends it into "ghost" mode. If I clean it then use a thin napkin or something, it works okay. As soon as oil gets back on it though, it starts registering touches like crazy. It seems like the lower quarter is the most sensitive (sense it's probably had the most contacts thanks to the swipes to unlock it).

2. dangoch

dangoch New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Crazy hot days

Mine has just started going crazy lately. It does appear to be heat related and maybe sweaty body related. If I put it in my shirt pocket on a hot day and I start sweating, it goes crazy. If I put it in my home dock and wait for awhile, it works again. I haven't cleaned my screen to make it work better. I guess I'm glad to see it isn't just my phone. What is the process of transferring everything from one phone to another? I know it isn't just taking out the SD card. Can you load the onboard memory onto the SD card?

3. debacle

debacle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before getting my droid, I had a POS samsung glyde. Look it up. Those phones were notorious for doing that. Just sitting on the table it would scroll thru my contacts and randomly call one. Or send a text message. Or ope 'Get it Now'. Well, After speaking with Verizon, they said the latest firmware upgrade would work. nope. So they replaced the phone. Within 2 weeks it started doing it again. So replaced it again, then again. Long story short, I ended up with 5 phones, and all of them had that problem. It tracked down to being a short in the screen, and became even more problematic the warmer it got.

Moral: Get a replacement now, it will only get worse.

4. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur Member

Ratings:
    +1
    is there any any to fix this my phone started this on cm6 rc1

havent installed any apps but aldiko ebook reader and i dont have service or insurance any more would this be covered in the manufacture warranty and be able to get a new one from motorola?? or is it a software issue that can be fixed??

5. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur Member

Ratings:
    +1
    bump

:(:(:(:(

6. Mr.Badguy

Mr.Badguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im having the same issue. Whats the best way to deal with this? Should I call or go to a local verizon shop or talk to motorola? What number do I call!?!?!?

7. Mr.Badguy

Mr.Badguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok now my droid is as responsive as its ever been... For 2 days I could barely even unlock it, now its fine. I took it to Verizon anyway and the guy said 2.2 is supposed to fix it, which I think is BS but if it does it again Im taking it back and getting a replacement.

8. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur Member

Ratings:
    +1
  9. HouseOfZane

HouseOfZane New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My droid started doing this about 3 weeks before the x was scheduled to be released. It went from bad to extremely horrible in a matter of days. I couldn't unlock my phone or anything. My fix was to pull the battery out, wait about 10 mins, and then reboot.

That worked about 80% of the time. Couldn't get rid of my moto droid fast enough after that.

I hope 2.2 is the actual fix.

10. mike

mike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this same problem and it's currently being fixed or replaced by the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Now I can find out whether GS is as bad as their reviews. :) One thing sure, they are slow. I took it to BB late on a Friday night, and today is one week later and I get an email that they have received it! Wow! I get to enjoy my stone-age Samsung Alias for so long!

Search tags for this page
android phone selecting things at random

my android phone is clicking random things

my android touch screen is opening random things
my phone keeps taking pictures itself
phone clicking random things
why does my phone click the screen on its own
why does my phone press random things

why does my touch screen click random things

why my phone clicks on random things
will my droid download stuff from the internet if it has a v