so i rooted using DM uploader a few days ago

Reaction score
and i downloaded BB i decided to unroot just to see how to if i needed to and not freak out about it. well i went into my backup with no roms just dm updater i clicked that and it said new update for dm updater click to install i did and it says i would have to pay 20 bux so does that mean i cant unroot now?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im doing some research on this

kelchm

Reaction score
Just wanted to post to say that indeed, this pre-release version of DMUpdater should not be used.
This was intended to only be used within the DroidMod team. It's just not ready for a real world release yet.

And no, we will not charging $20 for the the Updater when it is released. We are just trying to prevent people from bricking their phones.

OP
paperdoll11789
Reaction score
Just wanted to post to say that indeed, this pre-release version of DMUpdater should not be used.
This was intended to only be used within the DroidMod team. It's just not ready for a real world release yet.

And no, we will not charging $20 for the the Updater when it is released. We are just trying to prevent people from bricking their phones.

with this said when the release is out would it unroot the phone if we have the other on on the phone?

but other then that it is a good thing i dont need to go back to stock anyway but in the case that i do would a factory reset do anything or would it kill the phone

kelchm

Reaction score

with this said when the release is out would it unroot the phone if we have the other on on the phone?

but other then that it is a good thing i dont need to go back to stock anyway but in the case that i do would a factory reset do anything or would it kill the phone

A factory reset won't unroot the phone. You would need to use a nandroid backup. Alternatively, if you don't have a nandroid backup you could try out Rom Manager, which I believe allows you to flash stock images.

OP
paperdoll11789
Reaction score
ok thanks i do see it in rom manager so by downloading the dm loader didnt really hurt anything because if need b i can use rom manager thanks for the info :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A factory reset won't unroot the phone. You would need to use a nandroid backup. Alternatively, if you don't have a nandroid backup you could try out Rom Manager, which I believe allows you to flash stock images.

I don't believe ROM manager has the capability to return you back to stock. I've never seen anyone say that. Well, except you of course and you don't sound certain.

OP
paperdoll11789
Reaction score
well in rom managers you can do stock 2.0.1 and have the option to put on superuser so im guessing if i hit no to superuser it will go to stock?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few months ago when I needed to go back to stock and was still using ROM Manager I tried going to stock with it - unsuccessfully. I wasn't surprised considering it was ROM Manager.