Freaking out here!!!!

irishdroid

Reaction score
I loaded FROYO Test 5 from the ROM Manager, JRummy. Everything was smooth until just now. I got a message saying I was running out of space on my Droid, so, I deleted a few things, cleared my download cache. I also did fix permissions from rom manager before all this too. I rebooted and now I am getting an endless boot loop. I tried the X/power button method and the M logo came up, went away and then came back and sent me into the FROYO boot loop again. I am stuck here and freaking out.

Anyone have advice on how I can get back into recovery to I can load my last backup????

Also, when I deleted items a couple of days ago I did delete DM Updater, driodmod was my first rom, idk if that caused a problem.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why your OS won't boot but after flashing Froyo, it seems like you need to flash Clockwork again. Froyo for some reason removes it or disables it or something. So that is why you can't get into recovery.

You may have to flash an sbf :icon_eek: but wait for someone else's input first.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I loaded FROYO Test 5 from the ROM Manager, JRummy. Everything was smooth until just now. I got a message saying I was running out of space on my Droid, so, I deleted a few things, cleared my download cache. I also did fix permissions from rom manager before all this too. I rebooted and now I am getting an endless boot loop. I tried the X/power button method and the M logo came up, went away and then came back and sent me into the FROYO boot loop again. I am stuck here and freaking out.

Anyone have advice on how I can get back into recovery to I can load my last backup????

Also, when I deleted items a couple of days ago I did delete DM Updater, driodmod was my first rom, idk if that caused a problem.

You used ROM Manager? So you used clockwork?

If that's the case I'm not sure what to tell you. If you used SPRecovery a wipe both data and cache should fix it.

OP
irishdroid

irishdroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure why your OS won't boot but after flashing Froyo, it seems like you need to flash Clockwork again. Froyo for some reason removes it or disables it or something. So that is why you can't get into recovery.

You may have to flash an sbf :icon_eek: but wait for someone else's input first.

But how do I flash clockwork again if I am stuck in a boot loop?

kenbarnum

Reaction score

This is my reply to someone else that had our problem from 6/10 on another thread:
This happened to me today. I believe Rom Manager caused it when we flashed the latest version of clockwork...It was a bad version or something...
anyway, here is what I did:

Since it was in a boot loop it took a lot of trial and error to get the bootloader screen (I had to have the phone hooked up to my PC and push my battery (low battery from all the boot loops) in as I was pushing power and up on the d pad)...took several tries.
Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I then flashed sprecovery back on. Downloaded the 2.1 rooted update zip, transfered to the sd card, installed.
That booted but a bunch of system files were still corrupt or missing so I had no 3g, wireless, or cell service.
Tried redoing the baseband update but was no help.
Downloaded Petes new froyo to PC, transferred to droid and reinstalled using sprecovery.

That actually loaded with what seemed to be a few small issues. I downloaded rom manager. Flashed a clockwork recovery (just in case).
Then I installed one of my backups BBv1.1 from rom manager.

Seems to work perfectly again and I think I will wait a while before trying froyo or petes froyo...This problem set me back 3 hours!

Then SRGENT ROOT said:
i fixed it by puting my sd card in my pc and puting in the stock

Maybe the two of these will help...sorry..it is a pain in the ass

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

But how do I flash clockwork again if I am stuck in a boot loop?
It is too late to flash again, that's why I said you may have to flash an sbf. Which is what is described in the above post.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot into recovery and install a clockwork rom ie cyanogenmod

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you can't get to recovery and can't boot into Android to flash a recovery then all you can do is flash an sbf using RSD Lite.

OP
irishdroid

irishdroid

Reaction score
Reboot into recovery and install a clockwork rom ie cyanogenmod

I can't reboot into recovery.

See my post from above. I am 100% positive we had the same problem and you need to do what I did.

I am a total newb when it comes to doing any of this through my pc. I used droidmod to root and have never done anything through usb cable. Is it possibe to mount my SD card and then install a backup.....

Sorry I am clueless on this.

kenbarnum

Reaction score

See my post from above. I am 100% positive we had the same problem and you need to do what I did.

I am a total newb when it comes to doing any of this through my pc. I used droidmod to root and have never done anything through usb cable. Is it possibe to mount my SD card and then install a backup.....

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. You'll have to wait for Rescue Squad for an answer to that.

I only know the method I used.
Good luck!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's some easy to follow instructions, video included on how to download SPRecovery. Start here, I think you'll be OK.

Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you cannot get into recovery then anything you do with you sdcard won't help. You will need to flash the sprecovery sbf through rsd lite. I know it sounds a little daunting but just take some time and read how to do it and make sure you understand the steps to take. At this point its your only option.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk