So Beautiful Home thinks I'm in Tempe...

Kinetic

Reaction score
Hello all, I did a search for this problem and couldn't find anything relative to it, so please don't roast me.

As the topic says, Beautiful Home is currently mistaking the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio with Tempe, Arizona. While I am envious of their wonderful weather, I'm more interested in the forecast in my area. Anybody know of a fix for this? I've already tried turning off Geolocation and relying on GPS (and turning off both and relying on the default location) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hacku

Reaction score
Hello all, I did a search for this problem and couldn't find anything relative to it, so please don't roast me.

As the topic says, Beautiful Home is currently mistaking the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio with Tempe, Arizona. While I am envious of their wonderful weather, I'm more interested in the forecast in my area. Anybody know of a fix for this? I've already tried turning off Geolocation and relying on GPS (and turning off both and relying on the default location) to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wassup Jeremy. Beautiful Widgets doesn't auto-update your locations. You have to go into the settings and change the city or zip code to your current location.

Lets get your phone on a custom ROM when you get back.

OP
K

Kinetic

Reaction score
Sorry hacku, but my name is not Jeremy, nor am I from Arizona. I'm a student going to school in Cleveland.

I've never been to Tempe before in my life, so I don't know how this could've happened. Sometimes it'll flash to the correct location for a few minutes, but sooner or later it goes back to Tempe. It's a recent phenomenon, and it's a pretty weird one.

hacku

Reaction score
Sorry hacku, but my name is not Jeremy, nor am I from Arizona. I'm a student going to school in Cleveland.

I've never been to Tempe before in my life, so I don't know how this could've happened. Sometimes it'll flash to the correct location for a few minutes, but sooner or later it goes back to Tempe. It's a recent phenomenon, and it's a pretty weird one.

Haha! Crazy, I know a guy here in AZ that lives in Tempe who's name is Jeremy and uses the same screen name on the local boards and I know he was out of town this weekend but didn't know where he went.

Anyway, like I said, I don't think Beautiful Widgets auto-updates your location. It's weird though that it changes to Tempe. This has never happened to me. Just go into the settings and enter your zip code and it should update.

Good luck!

OP
K

Kinetic

Reaction score
No worries. Pretty strange coincidence, if you ask me!

Appreciate the advice. Beautiful Home has auto-updated my location before, so I know it can. I think I'll just keep Geolocation/GPS off for a while and see what happens.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My beautiful home at least has a town close by, but the weather is off by 10 degrees.

Beautiful Widgets says Google is responsible for any location problems. Don't know what to tell you. Try removing and reinstalling.

rkeller62

Reaction score
BW has always auto-updated my location for me. I have my home zip code in the location box and geolocation checked. the 'use GPS over network location' selection I have unchecked. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the configuration screen and select 'save and apply'

Do you have your GPS and network location services enabled on your Droid?

Riley

Reaction score
I have noticed that my BW has not been updating my location or weather very well since the last couple small updates. Without GPS enabled in it, which kills my battery like it says in the settings, my network location says I'm in a town that half way across NYS! The weather won't even update or put the temp in the bar at the top anymore, even with manual refresh or save and apply.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
IF you turn off Geolocation you have to input a city,state name or zip in the top field.

With Geolocation off the GPS or network location service (that BTW does follow and update your location) is turned off.

One warning though, if you use a Verizon Network Extender and use Gelocation (without GPS) it will locate you where your "IP hub" is located.

When I use Gelocation with GPS off my location shows 2 hours away in a major city..same happens when Verizon techs trace my "call location". This is a problem with Network Extenders that I hope they fix in newer models or firmware updates. And yeah I know the Extenders have GPS location services, but it only seems to work for E911 services and not "Network Location services" used on the Droid (and other devices)