Bionic, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Beautiful Widgets .............. oh my.

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks for the responses everyone. Gotta love the Android community. I found the answer in a similar post and now have Beautiful Widgets working again, albeit with a different clock because I haven't had the time to go through every option. Will have more time tomorrow to go through them to see if it's still offered (the numbers were in droid style, and i love the transparent background).

Keep on rockin' gang. Thanks again............

OP
kevsgroove

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I found it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...re-did-transparent-clock-weather-home-go.html

Specifically the last entry in the thread. It's kind of wacky to get into the settings. It was also mentioned above. Go to the BW app, then grab the left edge of the logo (located in upper left of screen) and drag it to the right to open up the settings menu. It only slides over about 2/3 of the way. Bizarre, but you can get into both the clock and weather skins from there and make your changes. Good luck.

eshef

Reaction score
Thanks. I got that part and how to get into the skins. My problem is that I can't figure out how to add widgets! The home page says first add widgets, then configure them, and I can't add them!!:icon_ cry:(Can we say feeling really stupid! Obviously it's not that hard, but I can't figure it out)

jhom

Reaction score
Thanks. I got that part and how to get into the skins. My problem is that I can't figure out how to add widgets! The home page says first add widgets, then configure them, and I can't add them!!:icon_ cry:(Can we say feeling really stupid! Obviously it's not that hard, but I can't figure it out)

Press and hold on your homescreen. Select widgets>BW....

eshef

Reaction score
I don't have the Bionic, I have the Razr, and when it went to ICS it lost that capability. Now I go into the app drawer and long press on the app - in this case BW, but that doesn't give me any widgets, just a home page that tells me to add the widgets etc. Sigh.

jhom

Reaction score
I don't have the Bionic, I have the Razr, and when it went to ICS it lost that capability. Now I go into the app drawer and long press on the app - in this case BW, but that doesn't give me any widgets, just a home page that tells me to add the widgets etc. Sigh.

Try tapping on the bw icon in the top left corner of the home page. It should open the widgets page.

eshef

Reaction score
I get: Home, Theme store, Widgets configuration, and Manage locations. Widgets list is empty, says Make sure you add a widget on your home. At this point I'm ready to dump BW and find something else.

Kscearce

Reaction score
Adding Widget for BW

I get: Home, Theme store, Widgets configuration, and Manage locations. Widgets list is empty, says Make sure you add a widget on your home. At this point I'm ready to dump BW and find something else.

It sounds like you have the new iOS Verizon pushed out. To add a widget, you have to tap Apps, at the top (in fine print) you'll widgets at the top of the screen directly beneath the time, battery, and phone service icons. Tap widgets, and then select the BW widget you want to add to your home screen. You need to make sure you have room on the home screen before you try to add the widget. I use the 4x2 widget. Once you have the widget on your home screen, go back to Apps. Tap B&W. Since you've added a widget to your screen, it should show up in the BW config screen and you can customize as you like.

Monica