Couple Home++ questions

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
OK, I just installed the Home++ app today. I have just a few questions.
1- When I installed it my notification bar went away. I later in the day had to power my phone off. When I turned it back on my notification bar was back at the top of the screen. I am ok with it being there, just wandering how to make it go away again if I decide to.

2- How can I remove or rearrange the icons at the bottom where the phone, voice, contacts, notifications, bookmarks etc are? Also what is the icon with the three dashes with a circle and an x inside it? Can't figure out what it does. When I touch it it shows what appears to be my apps. Is it some type of task killer?

3- Can you take screen shots with Home++? If so how do you do it so you can send pics of your screens to people?

4- Are there any themes for Home++. I see them for panda,open home etc but none for Home++

Thanks for everyones time. I am sure all these have ben addressed in other post but they are so spread out I would spend days trying to find them..LOL

Also, does anyone use the Weather Forecast Widget? I love the looks of it but why does it not change from location to location? I have it labeled as my local town but when I travel somewhere else it still only shows my local town? I know that isn't Home++ related but I thought I would throw it in there.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

nunka

Reaction score
OK, I just installed the Home++ app today. I have just a few questions.
1- When I installed it my notification bar went away. I later in the day had to power my phone off. When I turned it back on my notification bar was back at the top of the screen. I am ok with it being there, just wandering how to make it go away again if I decide to.

2- How can I remove or rearrange the icons at the bottom where the phone, voice, contacts, notifications, bookmarks etc are? Also what is the icon with the three dashes with a circle and an x inside it? Can't figure out what it does. When I touch it it shows what appears to be my apps. Is it some type of task killer?

3- Can you take screen shots with Home++? If so how do you do it so you can send pics of your screens to people?

4- Are there any themes for Home++. I see them for panda,open home etc but none for Home++

Thanks for everyones time. I am sure all these have ben addressed in other post but they are so spread out I would spend days trying to find them..LOL

Also, does anyone use the Weather Forecast Widget? I love the looks of it but why does it not change from location to location? I have it labeled as my local town but when I travel somewhere else it still only shows my local town? I know that isn't Home++ related but I thought I would throw it in there.

Thanks again.

1. Long press on the notifications icon (the one with the !) in the power strip at the bottom. This toggles hiding of the bar.

2. I don't know of any way to move them, but to disable them, you can just go to Home++'s menu (menu button on home screen -> preferences -> power strip preferences). And yeah, that other icon is a task killer. It's actually a bit more useful than it looks at first glance, because it gives you quite a few options on a long press of any app.

3. Again in the Home++ menu, go to "Graphics" and there's an option there for screenshots. I'd recommend keeping it disabled except when you want to take a screenshot... I found myself hitting the camera button by accident. A lot.

4. No themes. It's a pretty minimal-looking home replacement anyway, so I like it how it is.

accordlord04

Reaction score
1) to toggle the notification bar, long press the notification button on the power strip (the bottom set of icons). the notification button looks like a chat bubble with an exclamation point. it may be hidden if you have too many icons on your power strip. in which case, you can drag the strip left and right to show all the icons. the power strip to me is pretty handy.

2) to add/remove icons on the power strip, hit menu > preferences > power strip preferences > button preferences. the icon you are talking about is the task manager. it shows all your background apps. you can choose which to close, or you can end them all. (refer to the task killer thread if you have any questions regarding task managing).

3) yes, you can take screenshots of your home screens. to enable screenshot, click menu > preferences > graphics > enable screenshot on camera key. do a quick press on the camera key to snap a screenie. a long press on the camera key will launch the camera. those pics are stored in your gallery (sd card), and you can send them via emails from there.

4) no themes as of yet, im sure some are in development. as of right now, it is just a simple alternative to your default home.

hope that helps.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help. Now for that darn weather widget!..lol