Bionic, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Beautiful Widgets .............. oh my.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just received an update for Beautiful widgets on my Bionic. After updating, my BW clock and weather widgets are gone from my home screen. That's okay, I've had to reinstall before ............ but uh ohh, that was on Gingerbread. I'm having one helluva time navigating to the proper widget page(s) in ICS in order to add a clock that I like, along with weather that reports temp & location. Anyone have thoughts or instruction on how to complete this task?

Thanks in advance............

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to uninstall Beautiful Widgets and reinstall in order to get it to work after the last update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jssmith76

Reaction score
My update went through smoothly. After every update previously, I've always had to "re-add" the widget to the home screen. In order to add the widget, just go to the app drawer and swipe from right to left, all the widgets are in there. Also, after the install of the update, you might wanna reboot the phone so all the widgets show up correctly.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't even have to swipe to get to the widgets, just tap the word "WIDGETS" when in the App Drawer.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
You don't even have to swipe to get to the widgets, just tap the word "WIDGETS" when in the App Drawer.

After above, add the default widget to your home screen. Go back to the app drawer, open the BW app and there are directions for customizing your clock and weather icons/set up

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And in the shortcuts part of the settings you can set it so when you touch the minutes you can go directly to settings (instead of going to BW in the app drawer).

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
BW updated very smoothly for me and the config was pretty straightforward. Just have to look through the menus and read the options.
I really like BW 5 on both my Bionic and my N7

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I on the other hand was grateful for a Titanium Backup so that I could put the previous build of BW back on. The new version is neither beautiful nor functional.

eshef

Reaction score
I can't get BW to function now. I've uninstalled, rebooted, a number of times, but I can't get the menu to show. I swipe and swipe and no menu. Obviously I'm doing something wrong :blink: Any hints?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I can't get BW to function now. I've uninstalled, rebooted, a number of times, but I can't get the menu to show. I swipe and swipe and no menu. Obviously I'm doing something wrong :blink: Any hints?

Tap the weather icon on the widget and then tap the top where it has your location. The sidebar will appear and then you can go into whichever options you choose.

eshef

Reaction score
The widgets disappeared. I tried reinstalling them, but all I get is a BW widget, which when tapped says if this field is blank (which it is) reinstall your widget. It says swipe the logo from left to right for the menu, but I can't get it to swipe. :frown:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I'm finding odd is that the clouds appear at times on my homescreen or when I open an app. Sometimes it's just a flash, but other times it's for several seconds. Another bug for them to fix.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If you can't find your widget.... make sure that BW is installed on the phone and NOT on the ext SD Card.

Kscearce

Reaction score
No menu showing

If by "no menu showing" you're referring to the Widgets menu that used to be found by tapping the home screen, Verizon moved it. Mine changed when my iOS was updated. That's a Verizon issue not BW. Hit the apps button At the top of the screen you'll see "all apps" then to the right you'll see "widgets."

Tap widgets and you'll see all the current widgets you have stored on your phone.

If you have BW installed, you'll see available themes listed in this area. If no themes show up, then you have to download some. There are some themes no longer supported by BW.

However, I found a couple that were so similar and these are customizable so that I have one that's even better than the one I had before.

Everyone's screaming about having to finding new themes, but it's pretty easy to find a new theme and customize it. Find a new theme that mimics your old one, then customize it The way you want it too look. I went with the 4x2 size and made the background transparent, tapping the weather opens weather, my date opens my Calengoogle and my time opens the BW widget I like the new changes, but was definitely frustrating to figure out where the bloody widgets menu went too.

Change is always difficult, and when you get a new iOS and/or a new phone there's always a new learning curve. Frustrating yes, but once you get it right, you'll probably think, how was I ever living with that old version. :biggrin: At least that's how I'm feeling right now. :) Hope this helps.

eshef

Reaction score
Thank you, Kscearse, but I didn't mean that menu. I tried to download some themes, but BW came up you don't have any widgets to support that theme. When I tap on the BW widget that I can put on the screen, I get a home screen. this tells me to swipe the BW logo in the top bar to the right to see the menu. That's where I'm having a problem, it won't swipe. If you tap it, a screen appears to left where I can get themes, but since I can't figure out how to get the widgets to support the themes.... The page for widgets "that I have" is empty and directs me to download them :angry: Call me Yossarian!