So...any data issues?

akhi216

Reaction score
Has anyone who's bought the Galaxy Nexus had any problems with data issues? Honest replies please.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Capone76

Reaction score
Mine has dropped out twice. Or really weak connection to 4g. I just took my Razr back today because of data probs. Thinking its verizon though now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

terigox

Reaction score
I have had no drops so far, which was a huge get factor in me switching and trying out the Nexus. So far so good for me!

It was terrible, while I was in the store buying this phone today, my Bionic was sitting with no data the whole time :( So sad....

Micro23

Reaction score
When the 4g signal is just strong enough to switch from 3g to 4g it seems to get stuck for about 5-10 seconds while it's switching for me. It only seems to happen when I'm JUST on the cusp of getting 4g. It also just got activated today in my town so it might just be setup woes... Other then that I have been on wireless most of the time and its been flawless. work tomorrow will be 3g all day so we will see.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I am getting a alot of data issues. I am coming from a Rezound where I had no data issues what so ever and I was getting 1-2 bar 4g. Now at my home I don't get any 4g at all and I have already returned my Nexus at the Verizon store. Even while I was there the first time with my Nexus I wasn't even getting 4g there and when it was on 3g it was losing data when the rep was looking at it. Gave me a new Nexus but used the same SIM card. Maybe its my SIM card thats messed up. I am going back to the store tomorrow and getting a new Nexus or SIM card. If the data keeps on dropping like this I am either going back to the rezound or trying out the Razor.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had data issues until 4.0.2 came through, been on solid 4g 2-3bars since then.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I had data issues until 4.0.2 came through, been on solid 4g 2-3bars since then.

I must've gotten 2 POS Nexus phones or my SIM card is bad which I don't think it is. I may exchange this phone and try out the Razr if the problem is not fixed. Overall I love this phone but its pointless with the data drops. I am getting worst data drops than my Bionic, LOL

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have had a couple small issues one thing i notice with mine is that it seems to take it's sweet time gaining signal/data connection after powering on...

hxdrummerxc

Reaction score
Not sure if its a 4g or 3g related issue or if its the phone....

But always have 2-3 bars in my house with my OG droid ..............

All day today on my Nexus, only a few spots in the house (Mainly next to big windows) had any service at all. I had to resort to wifi to do pretty much everything.

I love this phone, but I really hope its cell signal isn't really that weak,

MrKleen

Reaction score
Without wifi my phone is unusable. Yesterday was a complete loss and today is starting out no better.

I am very dissappointed after waiting so long. I wish i knew what to do.

Worst reception of any phone ive ever owned. I refuse to be blinded by excitement.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
My phone has worked flawlessly, it was bought in a 4G area and I live in a 3G area just outside of 4G. I haven't once seen a data drop or any issues with that.

MrKleen

Reaction score
My phone has worked flawlessly, it was bought in a 4G area and I live in a 3G area just outside of 4G. I haven't once seen a data drop or any issues with that.

If its not everybody there must be something going on. Either that or those with no issues dont want to accept it. I hate to accept it myself.

If i switch my phone to only CDMA it works better but not as good as a normal 3g phone.

Im going to start by calling tech support.

GoBears

Reaction score
No drops here but I seem to have less bars everywhere compared to my Motos. I'm hoping it's software related seeing how the 4.0.2 addressed something with the radio. I don't make many calls so it's hard to tell if the signal is actually weak or just not being shown properly. I remember iPhone4 had similar problems upon it's release as well.

alucard9114

Reaction score
We should all start posting where we are to try and pinpoint if thats the problem.My bars say i have only 1 4g bar but its fast as hell.loving this thing going to start testing audio today.Im in San Diego California