Smart Actions

bolden88

Reaction score
I use SAS, Smart Auto Settings. It works good, kind of crazy setting times but good. I miss Smart Actions too. Why can't they bring it back??

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I'm guessing the closing of certain 'avenues' in Android may have contributed to that.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

doogald

Reaction score
Motorola changed hands and direction after the Google purchase, and, with everything that has changed in the Droids, I think it's clear that they were going for a couple of things: close to stock Android, and anything that was added was made to be as simple to use as possible. Smart Actions was developed by the "old" Motorola, a company that basically failed and had to be sold.

Smart actions can be replicated by power users with great third party apps, but for less technical users, Assist, Touchless Controls, etc., are easy to set up and do what they do simply and well.

aarong03

Reaction score
Motorola changed hands and direction after the Google purchase, and, with everything that has changed in the Droids, I think it's clear that they were going for a couple of things: close to stock Android, and anything that was added was made to be as simple to use as possible. Smart Actions was developed by the "old" Motorola, a company that basically failed and had to be sold.

Smart actions can be replicated by power users with great third party apps, but for less technical users, Assist, Touchless Controls, etc., are easy to set up and do what they do simply and well.

I found Agent works good too.

smfoley1

Reaction score
Just came over to the S5 from the Razr HD. Does anyone know of an app that does what he Smart Actions app on motorola phones does?

I found a couple crappy ones in the app store but they only allow for one trigger and one action. For instance with the motorola app you can create a profile called Sleep. The triggers could be a start and an end time as well as specific days of the week and the actions could be something like silence volume and turn on wifi

all the apps I found only let you put in a start OR an end time and only volume silence as an example

smfoley1

Reaction score
never mind, I found what you were talking about...unfortunately that doesnt get done what I am trying to accomplish. With my Razr I had a smart action set up that would change my volume levels when I was at work based on time and day of week, one that would change them when I was home based on location and one that would silence all volumes at night based on time and day of week. Thats what Im trying to replicate

turbodave

Reaction score
Have you looked at Llama? Should do all you want.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Try the app Tasker. It will do everything you just mentioned AND make you a cup of coffee. Ok not the last part, but you can set it up to do all those things. It's quite detailed, but it's not one of those apps that you can just install, set a task and go, BUT....If you take the time to learn everything it does it's an absolutely amazing app. Check it out if you get a chance. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Typical corporate ... trying to reinvent the wheel. SmartActions was great, (Motorola) Assist is stumbling and fumbling!