Smart Actions

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is there a thread dedicated to just this? I did some searching but did not find a lot. I have started to play around with it but I have some questions. I like the Wifi on cell data off task I can create but what I am trying to figure out is when that goes off does data come back on? If not is there away to tell it to do that and if so how because I can't figure it out. :p Go easy on me I am just learning this beast!:p

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What I really want to create is when I leave my home wifi I want cell data and GPS to come on and then when I come home when wifi (only at home) comes back on cell data and GPS goes off. Is that to complicated?

DocsDad

Reaction score
Yes, I have this set up on mine. That is, if I am understanding you.

Starting from scratch

-Set your Rule as Home'
-Set your trigger as your home wifi
-Set you actions as GPS off and Cell Data off

When your wifi triggers, they shut off. When you leave home, the rule goes away and the Razr reverts to default of everything on.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sweet! We had a snow storm today so I could not test if when I left home things came on I was hoping this might be the case!

LBJay

Reaction score
If your home WiFi is the only Location trigger, then simply unplugging your WiFi (Router?) should do the trick for a quick test.

Skoon

Reaction score
Just received Jelly Bean update 4.1.2 (Verizon). The update broke the SmartActions "Play music" action. It ALWAYS shows the following message: "No playlists found. You can add and manage playlists from most music player apps downloadable from the Google Play Store." (see attached picture). I used the pre-installed Google app "Play Music" to generate a playlist but SmartActions cannot find it. I've downloaded several music manager apps and generated playlists from each. Still, SmartActions "Play music" action cannot find the playlists and displays the error message. I talked to Verizon's level 2 tech support and they could not find a solution or even a workaround. Verizon would not even try to reproduce the problem on an actual phone. They did, however give me Motorola's tech support phone number to call. The tech I contacted at Motorola was sharp :hail:. He rounded up a Droid Razr Maxx (same as mine) which had the new release on it and tried it. He was able to reproduce my results within 20 minutes, as compared to Verizon's 2+ hours with no results. Bottom line: Motorola is now aware of the issue and is working to find a solution/workaround. Will post whatever Motorola comes up with.

View attachment 61376

bonzomatic

Reaction score
I really like the Smart Actions. I use a work rule to make sure that my ringer is turned down low, and a home rule to turn it all the way back up (because I always forget when I leave work). I noticed a pretty severe battery drain when I started using them though. I turned them off last week to confirm my suspicions and sure enough my battery life is a lot better. So as long as you're ok with less battery life, keep using them.

aarong03

Reaction score
I really like the Smart Actions. I use a work rule to make sure that my ringer is turned down low, and a home rule to turn it all the way back up (because I always forget when I leave work). I noticed a pretty severe battery drain when I started using them though. I turned them off last week to confirm my suspicions and sure enough my battery life is a lot better. So as long as you're ok with less battery life, keep using them.

I just checked the Smart actions in the Play market, and there are several issues people are having ever since the JB update came out. This is why I think I'm going to still wait to update my Maxx to JB.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...S5tb3Rvcm9sYS5jb250ZXh0dWFsLnNtYXJ0cnVsZXMiXQ..

I hope they correct this soon.

aarong03

Reaction score
I used this function on the original maxx and RAZR maxx HD. With this new Droid maxx, is there something similar? I had a sleep action which would come at a set time. I miss the Smart Actions function.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes. Look for an app named assist.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Tasker is another option. It's working logic is a little weird, but only if you want to get really technical.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.