Small but nifty features lost in ICS?

eagle923

Reaction score
R.I.P "Charge Only" option!

I posted about this a few months ago ( Charge Only), but with the official OTA I guess that little feature was lost. Anyone else find a small/mundane feature that you really liked that has disappeared with ICS?

Reaction score
"Show contacts with phones only" in the contact list. I had to manually go in and clear out all the garbage gmail, facebook, etc. contacts that flooded my phone.

OP
eagle923

eagle923

Reaction score
Argh, I just noticed the contacts issue too! Central Ohio has incredible 4g coverage so I haven't used the CDMA only option, but I can see that being a problem too.

ICS is great (had it on my GNex), but there are definitely some features that were lost that had some use to many people. :mad:

OP
eagle923

eagle923

Reaction score
Is it not the same as on the galaxy nexus?
Settings/more.../mobile networks/cdma only

Nope. We have Settings/more/Mobile Networks/Preferred Network/ and the choices are:

Global
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS

The Razr can now use GSM sims and be a global phone, and the ability to do 3G only has been dropped (well at least in the options).

See here for 3G only!!

Last edited:

gan777

Reaction score
Nope. We have Settings/more/Mobile Networks/Preferred Network/ and the choices are:

Global
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS

The Razr can now use GSM sims and be a global phone, and the ability to do 3G only has been dropped (well at least in the options).

See here for 3G only!!

I tried the method described there, as well as the suggested app and there is still no CDMA only option.
View attachment 51644
I guess GSM/CDMA auto(PRL) would effectively be 3G only here in the US though.

Edit: never mind, I'm an idiot... I went back in to look again and if you scroll up there are a ton more options, and yes CDMA only is one of them.

Last edited: