Sluggishness and warm lower rear

QQP

Reaction score
Phone gets all sluggish and the lower rear of the phone gets really warm (nearly hot) to touch.

Sometime it'll get sluggish and I experience problems, last two were:
1) Can't open Settings, power cycle the phone to fix
2) Voice search in Maps crashed back to Home screen, power cycle the phone to fix

Both happened today, less than an hour apart, and both times the lower rear of the phone got really warm.

Another issue was rearranging apps on the pages, and it would "vanish". It's not on another page or folder, and I was no where near the Trash/lower part of the screen.

ryan1432

Reaction score
try downloading Advance Task killer and kill all the apps your not using.

that will cut the sluggishness. now for the bottom of the phone getting hot.. that normally happens when your on your phone for a extend period of time. once you kill all the unnecessary apps that should be a miner fix till it can be rooted.

Hope this helps.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not a fan of task killers as android is designed to take care of that stuff. Not to say it is perfect, but I stopped using task killers and it all worked out great. Download launcher pro and everything got much faster. As for the heat, ive felt a bit of a warm spot on the lower left corner, but nothing more than a little warm.

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
well the title of this thread sure caught my eye :icon_eek:

Jaredbranch

Reaction score
Same problem, how I fixed

I had the same problem on my droid x. To fix it, I uninstalled task killer and adw.launcher then reset droid.

dangsy

Reaction score
My droid gets pretty sluggish also, even killing tasks doesn't help much. For the voice I've had it freeze on me and the only way for me to get it to start working again is to kill the task otherwise I'd have to restart it