Screen becomes sluggish/unresponsive?

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
Ok so I got my replacement phone today. So far all my issues are gone including the typeing issue, it is really nice actually.

Here is my problem, I have two equally distant thin greenish? lines going horizontally, I guess like an inch and a half apart. And on the comera and video there is a purple pixel and a white pixel.

Now what do I do?

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
Ok so I got my replacement phone today. So far all my issues are gone including the typeing issue, it is really nice actually.

Here is my problem, I have two equally distant thin greenish? lines going horizontally, I guess like an inch and a half apart. And on the comera and video there is a purple pixel and a white pixel.

Now what do I do?

Get another phone. That's just as worse and it's more physical than "My phone feels slow".

They'll definitely ship you another one.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
One issue that still remains with my X is that the Nav still drops out even with a new dock and the 4.4 map update. Frustrating!

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
I hear that alot of ppl got the camera screen issues after the update, I almost feel like haning on to it. I am just so happy it actually works now. I totally fell in love with the phone last night doing all the things I cound not do before (practically everything lol)

Since I already used the 30 day replacement they said I would be given a refurbished to replace the camera problems. It is hard to think of getting a used phone I paid 200$ for only two weeks ago. Idk I am actually leaning towards dealing with it.

I also noticed the new phone is much less bright than the old phone screenwise, it almost has dark areas...i put the settings on each phone exactly the same to test, including brightness all the way up.

I have a question, when you are in camera mode, next to the MP there is a 4 digit number...what is the number (I thought maybe actual amoutn of pixels or sth?) Anyway th enumber is different on both phones even when same amount of MP is chosen, wondering if this is normal for whatever this number represents.

Thanks

Also my sound issue is fixed, and stay connected to data properly, no keyboard issues of any kind, has not froze up once, too many good things to even say lol!

Flipp

Reaction score
the only symtoms ive seen so far relating to this is that sometimes when i unlock the phone and right after i touch the top of the screen to use the pull down screen to check on txt's or emails i recieve, sometimes it dosnt pull down with my finger, and ill have to wait like a second or two before it does. do you guys think thats enough to get a replacement?

Last edited:

BACBAM

Reaction score
the only symtoms ive seen so far relating to this is that sometimes when i unlock the phone and right after i touch the top of the screen to use the pull down screen to check on txt's or emails i recieve, sometimes it dosnt pull down with my finger, and ill have to wait like a second or two before it does. do you guys think thats enough to get a replacement?

Mine started with that first. Now it is freezing when I am texting. I will not even use voice command anymore. When I slide from one desk top to another, it will freeze up for a second. It is definitely not getting better. I am off to have them look at it tomorrow.

BACBAM

Reaction score
Just called the warranty number and they are sending me a new phone. He had me pull the battery and my scrolling got worse. It is to be deliverd on Friday.

Garandhero

Reaction score
I mean occasionally my voice to text, or voice command thing freezes and force closes... usually I wait a minute or two and try again and it works fine.

Occasionally my texting is a little slower than usual...
Occasionally my scrolling(through apps, or home screens) is a little slugish, then starts working normally after a few seconds....

Do I think its worth returning my phone? No...Just restart your phone give it a few seconds to boot up its always a little slow while it boots...
Do I think its normal for an OS to occasionally do this? Yes.. especially on a phone.

Unless my problems aren't as severe as all yours I think ya'll should chill out :) Try restarting your phone hehehe :)

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
My problem was solved when I got my second phone, it was actually unbelievably much better. I had to return that phone due to the camera "pixel" problem and have since had a 3rd and 4th phone with not as good typinging/some lagging, but not enough to say it was a problem, it was just not a good as the second phone. I wish I had kept the second phone lol it was so good. I am now waiting for my 5th replacement as I have now had 3 in a row with severe camera "pixel" interference in the pictures. UGH. My 3rd also would not connect to internet and my current 4th keeps force closing manufacturers loaded apps.

What to do, what to do. I feel like I am stuck in a loop. lol

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My phone started having this same problem last night before bed I was just checking the settings and the screen became completely unresponsive. Not even the hard buttons on the bottom would work, but using power button to lock and unlock fixed it. Happened again this am when I went to check messages. Unlocked phone and it was completely unresponsive, again power button fixed it. So turned the phone off and let it sit for a min or two and rebooted. Hopefully won't be a new issue that will happen alot.

quaffapint

Reaction score
Weird - I just started getting this issue (unresponsive screen) as well. Installed tasker today and setcpu - I tried turning them off and rebooting, but its still occurring. Don't know if its coincidence or not. Its 'randomly' unresponsive everywhere, not just in one particular app. I can't even unlock it sometimes.

Hope I don't have to get a replacement.

ScottOnCapeCod

Reaction score
Slow as mud

It is a joke that the Phone I was number 12 in line for on the day it was released, is soooooo slow that the only options I have seem to be:
1. A Factory Reset with a 2.1 OS that provides me with no way of saving the free apps that I have installed, or even exporting / printing out a list of said apps prior to killing them. And hope that resetting to the 2.1 OS will make this BRICK perform at a level that is anywhere close to a SMART PHONE.
2. Wait for Verizon to Find X-users worthy of the long awaited 2.2 OS and hope that it will have the basic tools to allow the migration of apps to the SD card in addition to making this Smart Phone do what it says it will do.
3. Become a True Droid X user as in Ex-User. Come On Verizon you're better than this.

Reaction score
I just got my X yesterday and set up FB, Twitter, a few email accounts, and installed about five apps. By the end of today it was really, REALLY sluggish. I could barely unlock it, and I couldn't scroll between home screens.

I turned it off and logged into my disused gmail account and deleted about 500 emails. then I turned it back on and so far, so good.

MithosMars

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X a few days ago and yesterday morning it just turned off when I was in the middle of doing something (I don't remember what, I think I was looking through settings trying to get my texts to vibrate) and then it turned itself back on.

Ever since then I have had a problem where about half the time when I go to unlock the phone and put in my password the screen will either become completely unresponsive or very very slow (unusably so). It will also sometimes happen just after I have unlocked the screen. To get the screen to become responsive again I have to put it back to sleep and wake it up again with the button on top. Sometimes it takes several tries before the screen remains responsive. If I get past the first few seconds after unlocking it without a problem then I won't have the issue again until I put it back to sleep.

Is this anything like the problems you guys are having? Or is there some way for me to fix this without having to reset it or get a new one?

Big Droid Fan

Reaction score
I had similiar problems with my X. It kept locking up and I had to pull the battery out to get it to come back up. The Verizon people made some adjustments to the Task Killer App and it worked for about 2 hours and then started to lock up again. I took it back to the store and because they did not have any X's in stock I had to walk out with a Samsung Fascinate. I really miss my Droid and would like to go back but I can not have a phone that does this. This is the second Droid the first one had a defective camera.

Is there anyone who is having this same problem? Are there any solutions?