Droid X touchscreen response issues

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
I have this exact same issue as dangsy. I haven't found an answer for this or if I should just return it.

I've found that sometimes [maybe 1 of 10] times I try and send a text my screen will start to slow [sluggish, only half my presses register] then it becomes unresponsive [none of my touches register].

The Home key still works but when I click to go back to the home pages the screen is still unresponsive.

This also happens when I leave my phone idle, for example, this morning I couldn't turn my alarm off. Or on several occasions I've missed phone calls because I couldn't slide the slider.

The fix: I press the power button to LOCK then I'll slide to unlock the phone. This bring the phone back.

Side note: I am also rooted but I am not sure if dangsy is. Also, from what I read in the rooted threads, here and in AllDroid, I can not seem to find anyone with this issue.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
factory reset before you go and return it

OP
WhosToBlame

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention I am rooted. Do not think it matters if I am or not. Checked all the rooted threads and can not seem to find anyone else with this issue except dangsy.

@Abe21599,

Thanks will try that and unroot as well.

Last edited: