Screen becomes sluggish/unresponsive?

GThree

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with verizon
they confirmed this was a problem that a few of the droids are having

Then they better do an instant swap at the store for me when I get off work if they're confirming the issues....unless you lie....haha

tmushy

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with verizon
they confirmed this was a problem that a few of the droids are having

Then they better do an instant swap at the store for me when I get off work if they're confirming the issues....unless you lie....haha

Yeah I told support the problem they didnt even bother troubleshooting after i told them i had already hard reset. she put me on hold came back and told me its a known issue.

Cathbad

Reaction score
Slow response

Based on some other entries I bought one of the programs that kill unused programs in memory.
Most of my problems in playing games have gone away, at least for this moment.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
The solution, get a new phone. My replacement just came in and wow. THIS is how my first phone should have been. Much snappier than my first x. I could tell immediately when trying to restore my apps with Astro [15 or so apps], it use to take 10-15seconds for all the apps to load in the app manager. On the new x it was instant and no lag while scrolling through them.

Get a new X!

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
GThree you sound just like me, if my replacement doesn't work, I am really gonna freak!

I have had so many problems with my phone they actually told me they didn't believe me. I called everyday since the 3rd day I got the phone (the second day I had to take it in cause the sd card was bad in phone, they could not even read it to format it).

Two freakin weeks they have refused to give me a new phone, I even had a freakin bootloader screen, phone actually drained when I plugged it in wall. My full complaints are over on morotola forums although I should post here. I was even told in the store that the reason my phone doesn't work is because I am a woman and have long finger nails and women don't know how to use phones and nitpick! (I don't have long fingernails by the way, they are real and don't even go past my fingertip, not even close.)

On thurs I finally had to flat out demand a phone, they still acted like they didn't believe me? I don't understand that. It took an hour of telling them what was wrong over and over. They said same thing, only fix is a reset which has been done a lot. So I was supposed to get it yesterday and it never came. When I called the 4 agents i talked to said they made a mistake and I might get one at least by the 5th. Then late last night I got an email to an address to an odd account I used on my phone but not for verizon emails, that I had a phone shipped and will hopefully get it mon. When I call they are still confused.

I am sorry to verizon but I have no idea how you they stay in business, when I call no one has an idea what they are doing. If I call 50 people each one will tell me sth different and every time it will be wrong. If I had the luxury I would def cancel my 10 year service over this. Two weeks of my life wasted. Wish I never got a smart phone and sticked with my basic old motorola.

Dangsy, I am glad you got a new one. it gives me hope that you say it is so much better!

Anyone on here know the proper place/person at verizon to send a strongly worded letter too?

Also wanted to add when I told them one of the major things that happened just a few hours after update, I was told by tech on phone that it is impossible and that I am "special" he guesses and have a "special" phone. Why they heck are they getting off talking to me like this? I guess it is because I am young and a girl idk.

Last edited:
OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
I wonder if you got one with the new OS??

Nope still 2.1

Sunflowerseed, sorry to hear about all your troubles. I actually had to call in three times before I got a tech who actually knew what they were doing. The first one told me "that's just how it is" and the second one recognized there was a problem but told me to go to a verizon store to get it exchanged because they "don't do returns through the mail".

Hope everything works out! I'm loving my X now.

omnicious

Reaction score
Ok so how badly was your phone that Verizon actually agreed it was a problem? Name some symptoms and the frequency of those symptoms.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
Ok so how badly was your phone that Verizon actually agreed it was a problem? Name some symptoms and the frequency of those symptoms.

Umm...how can you click a thread and not even read the first post?

On the last post of page 1 there's a video also

Last edited:

omnicious

Reaction score
The thing is my X sorta has lag but not as bad as yours was. I was hoping for some of the other posters to put their symptoms and whether Verizon agreed it was a problem worth replacing it with a new phone.

kkwan77

Reaction score
I've had the unresponsive screen / delayed input lag issues prior to receiving a certified-like new device but now that is a thing of the past as I have not experienced this since.

Additionally the crackling / buzzing earphone speaker is also addressed.

Bottom line if it's a problem get it replaced.

Cathbad

Reaction score
A new idea.

There is a new thread in which a expert said that task killers are a bad idea and that the problems we are having are due to the programs we got and not the phone or the OS.

And, at least in my case, he was right. I got a new Backgammon game and a new Solitaire game (I had to make a few tries as the first one or two I tried I could not see well).
The 2 new ones work without any problems and without task killers.

The Backgammon & Solitaire that I had were the same as the ones I had on my BlackBerry. It would appear that they did the minimum to move them over to the Droid.

Klondike is the name of the Solitaire, bySoftick Ltd.
The Backgammon one is from AI Factory Limited. (there is a free one).
I'm happy now.
Good luck.

kkwan77

Reaction score
Welp, there is 2 options for those still with laggy / unresponsive screens:

a) factory reset to see if this clears it up (avoid installing apps until verifying the unresponsiveness does not occur - then start adding them back 1 by 1 and take note if it occurs again after a specific app was installed)

b) call Verizon Wireless and have them send you a replacement phone