Screen becomes sluggish/unresponsive?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had my Droid X since Monday, loaded it with the ota Froyo update and it is pretty laggy. I have a Advanced Task Killer which helps. Its mainly while texting and getting out of the Google Voice app. I also turned off the animations which helped, but this phone is slower than my mom's LG Ally. My iPod Touch isn't like this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-Brad

mungofromtheshire

Reaction score
I have also noticed mine is slower with 2.2. I thought it was just me but now.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed mine is slower with 2.2. I thought it was just me but now.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

For the hour or so I messed with it with 2.1, Froyo seems slower. I also have had issues when I turn off the phone and then try and turn it back on. The Moto M screen stays on and I have to pull the battery and wait 5 mins.

quaffapint

Reaction score
Yea - There is no doubt on my DX that Froyo has made things slower. Quite often after I turn the screen back on, and try to do anything I have to wait for the screen to repaint. It's really annoying.

All this waiting for Froyo - Give me 2.1 back...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea - There is no doubt on my DX that Froyo has made things slower. Quite often after I turn the screen back on, and try to do anything I have to wait for the screen to repaint. It's really annoying.

All this waiting for Froyo - Give me 2.1 back...

Yeah, Eclair wasn't so bad... I did talk to a Verizon Customer Service Rep while I was straightening out some stuff on the account, and she said that she didn't see any issues with the Froyo update on her screen. IDK...

lockwiz

Reaction score
I've had sluggish screen and icons slow to appear for months now. But....after reading some posts/threads about the LauncherPro free app, I decided to download and install it. Woooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say that installing LauncherPro made a HUGE difference in how fast the home screens slide left and right, and the icons show up immediately! No more waiting for things to "appear". LauncherPro is free, I am so glad I installed it today, my Droid is as responsive with screens and icons now as it was the first day I bought it, hate to sound like a commercial, but man oh man, this app worked wonders for speed up my screen response time, try it!