Screen becomes sluggish/unresponsive?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Majority of people don't have dozens of apps running simultaneously and don't stress os like some computer junkies on these forums. Its a great system but not all apps want to abide by its rules.
And no the phone isn't defective as it gets constant 1260-1290s score on quadrant.

Last edited:
OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
Majority of people don't have dozens of apps running simultaneously and don't stress os like some computer junkies on these forums. Its a great system but not all apps want to abide by its rules.
And no the phone isn't defective as it gets constant 1260-1290s score on quadrant.

If the phone does whats described in the post and on the video then yes its defective. These issues also occur on a stock droid x and an x running in safe mode. Also of you say your x gets sluggish then its rather hard to believe that it gets"constant" 1.2k quadrant scores.

6thgear

Reaction score
yes it does seem laggy at times, just not as smooth as i expected. however it never freezes on me. hopefully 2.2 fixes these minor issues

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
Same problems, not being able to scroll, regular keyboard not responding, not able to slid unlocke, notification pull down not coming down or wotn go back up. My problems started a fews days after I got the update.

kkwan77

Reaction score
I've found that sometimes [maybe 1 of 10] times I try and send a text my screen will start to slow [sluggish, only half my presses register] then it becomes unresponsive [none of my touches register].

The Home key still works but when I click to go back to the home pages the screen is still unresponsive.

This also happens when I leave my phone idle, for example, this morning I couldn't turn my alarm off. Or on several occasions I've missed phone calls because I couldn't slide the slider.

The fix: I press the power button to LOCK then I'll slide to unlock the phone. This bring the phone back.

Does anyone else have this problem? It happens while in SAFE MODE also. Should I get it replaced?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

YES!!! I have experienced this as well. This is annoying as hell, does anyone know if this on the Moto fix list?

I found that if you turn off the screen and turn it back on - it seems to fix this. It's to be a pain when this occurs 3-4 times in an hour or so......

ARGH!!!!!!

kkwan77

Reaction score
Same problems, not being able to scroll, regular keyboard not responding, not able to slid unlocke, notification pull down not coming down or wotn go back up. My problems started a fews days after I got the update.

Yes, exactly the same for me. These were no existent prior to the update. I even did a factory reset and this problem still occurs...... :icon_evil:

krepitus

Reaction score
My screen is a little sluggish as well, and I get a brief flash of the lock screen when I hit the home button to "wake" the phone.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar? I only have to apps installed, Audible, and Google Sky Map.

kkwan77

Reaction score
Well what I mean by sluggish is that it, it won't register any key presses or swipes. There is literally a significant delay to the screen input or none at all. The physical buttons do not appear to be affected.

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
Yes exactly. Same here and seems to actually be getting worse. Even after hard reset and no applications downloaded. Regular keystrokes not registering at all (the button shows I pressed it though), typing things I did not type, letters too far away to be a mistype, not being able to delete and finally the last word i type repeating itself. I asked to be sent a new phone, the problems are just piling up.

tmushy

Reaction score
I too am having the same problem
Any ideas?

I think I may have narrowed it down to touchdown exchange application

Last edited:

Sunflowerseed

Reaction score
I have done resets and tried it without putting anything on the phone at all. I still have the same problems even when using the browser with the phone totally as you would get it out of the box. It is still getting worse. I am waiting for a new one.

TheMayor

Reaction score
I just have quick question for you people with all these problems with sluggish screens and stuff. Go to your settings, sd card & phone storage and how many mb do you have left on your internal phone storage. I had all these problems with my droid when I filled my phone up with way too many apps and only had like 12 mb left

omnicious

Reaction score
Mine does seem unresponsive. Not too bad but I had a Droid X before that was defective in just the calling part but it seemed smoother.

tmushy

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with verizon
they confirmed this was a problem that a few of the droids are having

GThree

Reaction score
I have the same exact issue with the unresponsive screen freeze. For some reason it only happens when I'm texting. It's for both of the text styles. I'm going to Verizon in about an hour and ask for a replacement phone. I did the factory reset, and it didn't help, but remove everything...haha... now I'm pissed. I'm glad I rarely get mad, and the situation doesn't happen all the time or else kittens would fly. :icon_evil:

I better not get some bull **** at Verizon on why they won't replace my phone, because I can't show the issue. I'm paying insurance. GOD if I get a horrid replacement phone....ughhhh

Quick you guys! FIND A SOLUTION! :icon_eek: