Phone Getting Warm...almost hot

OP
H

hotdoggy

Reaction score
Uh, not sure what you mean, Johnly. Anyways, I genuinely had a problem with my phone which the technician at my closest Verizon store confirmed. I had originally ordered the phone online.

Yesterday, I ended up calling around to 5 other Verizon stores in my area until I found one in stock. I went in and exchanged the phone. Problem solved.

Has anyone had a problem with their Droid X getting really warm? Almost to the point of being too hot to handle.

It happened while downloading aps and again when taking multiple photos. It's mostly on the lower back side of the phone but radiates.

Verizon switched the battery and it didn't seem to help. We tried to look for a new phone to replace it but none in stock.
hotdoggy! Sure haven't...hot-doggy! Cmon? anyone buying your user name and post? rofl.....post what happened when you took the phone back? what did verizon say? Is it like an apple phone? Melting?

J

Johnly

Uh, not sure what you mean, Johnly. Anyways, I genuinely had a problem with my phone which the technician at my closest Verizon store confirmed. I had originally ordered the phone online.

Yesterday, I ended up calling around to 5 other Verizon stores in my area until I found one in stock. I went in and exchanged the phone. Problem solved.

Has anyone had a problem with their Droid X getting really warm? Almost to the point of being too hot to handle.

It happened while downloading aps and again when taking multiple photos. It's mostly on the lower back side of the phone but radiates.

Verizon switched the battery and it didn't seem to help. We tried to look for a new phone to replace it but none in stock.
hotdoggy! Sure haven't...hot-doggy! Cmon? anyone buying your user name and post? rofl.....post what happened when you took the phone back? what did verizon say? Is it like an apple phone? Melting?

OK just checking: ) glad it is solved!

nebu

Reaction score
My phone has got super hot 3 times now since I've got it during a week. This last time I had it in my pocket and was running a 3d game. It doesn't seem like it should get that hot.

Skiracing108

Reaction score
I've seen 128 degrees, running trapster (speedtrap application) even took the plastic back case part off and the battery door, didn't go down much but damn after grabbing my phone my hand was sweaty

igknight

Reaction score
Only time I have had this issue was when it was in the car dock, driving into the sun, charging, and using Trapster for a 20 minute drive. According to Battery Monitor it was up to 135 degrees at one point.

ctxx24

Reaction score
Mine was over 125 and got yellow burned in the screen in the lower left corner....just got my new one...

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
I like 2 stream Energy98 through some auxiliary powered Boston Acoustics. I got 2 wrenching 2 long & the sun moved enough that when I noticed "no tunes" I discovered my "baking in the sun" droid @ 140 degrees and issuing an audible alarm. I immediately put it on a homemade ice pack. I haven't noticed any issues with the performance or battery life it still sucks or is a little bit better but only because I'm operating this device more efficiently.

From my Droid using Tapatalk #ridesafe

Nadious

Reaction score
Yeah, mine gets hot a lot. I haven't done anything to monitor the temps, but I can tell it is really warm to the touch. I notice it the most when:

- Screen is left on for long periods of time
- Charging and using the phone for a good period of time (see above)
- Car Dock, running the GPS / Nav features

Thankfully, where my car dock is, my air vent blows right on the back of it and since then, I haven't had any heat issues in the car while using it. (Keeps it nice and cool.) Of course, I'll need to find some other place to move it in the winter, but with these 100 degree days that we are having, I'm thankful it is staying cool in the auto.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's normal. ever play games on laptop? my dell gets up to 80 degrees celsius on a good gaming day :)