Sirius XM Android app is here

dkshaer

Reaction score
I never did get my email from them.

Yes, it's $2.99 per month for internet access and this falls under that umbrella, I believe

issues636

Reaction score
I never did get my email from them.

Yes, it's $2.99 per month for internet access and this falls under that umbrella, I believe

me neither. the only reason i knew it released was i got flooded with emails from my subscription to the SiriusXM app thread from people saying it released. i'm guessing most of them heard it from DJs or somethiing that they listen to since no one at all mentioned receiving the email.

loryndm

Reaction score
Is Stern available with the paid subscription? This is a deal breaker for me since i ride a motorcycle and the reason why i got rid of sirius to begin with is that they dont have a sport bike harness or a bluetooth enabled device.

issues636

Reaction score
Nope. Stern is not and will not be available. Even though I dont like Stern I feel for ya cause Ill be doing the exact same thing with Jason Ellis and my bike.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

loryndm

Reaction score
Nope. Stern is not and will not be available. Even though I dont like Stern I feel for ya cause Ill be doing the exact same thing with Jason Ellis and my bike.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
This doesnt make sense. Its available online through the computer but not through the app? Makes no sense.

loryndm

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Sirius...With the premium online you get Howard Stern. $12.95 for premium service if you do not have a device with them.

cderry

Reaction score
Backnblack, the moderator has pointed the Sirius talk to this thread even though the following threads were started before this one:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/47816-sirius-xm-app-available-now.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/39899-breaking-sirius-xm-app-coming-may.html

Even going as far as closing my thread (the second one)? Why?

Nevermind, I figured out why...this one was started by the admin. Playing favorites spans out even farther than my workplace it seems.

brando56894

Reaction score
Its about damn time! lol They definitely were cutting it close since theres only like 3 days left in May.

what's different from having pandora, slacker radio, last.fm etc???
just curious

Its Sirius and XM so they have actual DJs not just computers that queue up songs for you. I was actually about to cancel my account yesterday since I dont use it anymore but they had me on hold for like 15 minutes and I was like "screw this I dont feel like waiting". Depending on how good the app is I might keep the internet radio since I do like to listen to Octane and Lithium.

loryndm

Reaction score
Its about damn time! lol They definitely were cutting it close since theres only like 3 days left in May.

what's different from having pandora, slacker radio, last.fm etc???
just curious

Its Sirius and XM so they have actual DJs not just computers that queue up songs for you. I was actually about to cancel my account yesterday since I dont use it anymore but they had me on hold for like 15 minutes and I was like "screw this I dont feel like waiting". Depending on how good the app is I might keep the internet radio since I do like to listen to Octane and Lithium.
Plus no $h1tty commercials and the radio never stops. I just have it for Stern though...

loryndm

Reaction score
Welp no Stern on the phone device but only online. What a load of crap.....i signed up and now i am canceling.

bhall238

Reaction score
If you already have a Sirius subscription do you have to pay a seperate fee or does this give you any kind of break? I can't see paying for it twice; I may cancel my other subscription and get this app. I have a portable satellite radio and plug the output into the in dash unit so I could do this I think.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
If you already have a Sirius subscription do you have to pay a seperate fee or does this give you any kind of break? I can't see paying for it twice; I may cancel my other subscription and get this app. I have a portable satellite radio and plug the output into the in dash unit so I could do this I think.

$2.99 for Online access on an active Radio with them. I use Onlne only.

bhall238

Reaction score

Ok, so it's $2.99 because I have an account with them? It's been a long time but I could have sworn I used to be able to listen on line for free because I had an account (been with them for about 5 years I guess, ever since Hurricane Katrina). Thanks for the rapid reply by the way :).

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score

Ok, so it's $2.99 because I have an account with them? It's been a long time but I could have sworn I used to be able to listen on line for free because I had an account (been with them for about 5 years I guess, ever since Hurricane Katrina). Thanks for the rapid reply by the way :).

It was free but about a year ago or so they started charge. They also moved from 64K to 128K to match typical MP3's