Simply Stunning X - Coming Soon

rgo

Reaction score
since ADW will be the launcher in your rom, will there be issues for us Launcher pro plus people...

will you also be posting any themes that will mesh good with your rom...i see a lot of themes geared towards your roms, just checking to see if they will go with this rom...thanks

rebar121

Reaction score
Kinda ironic I owned a 71' Chevy SS when I was younger and would love to try a Chevy SS on my DX...lol

kpatel070

Reaction score
Ssx 1.0

I am looking forward to the release of SS for the Droid X. I had SS on my original droid and loved it. When can we expect the release? Any chance I can get the beta version to test on my Droid X?

Thanks Chevy!!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
what do you mean most of the blur will be removed? i kinda like the facebook and my space and email, built into the phone, so if i use this rom all of that will be gone?

Well let me reiterate - BlurHome will be gone, and ADW will be the launcher. Most other 'blur' items will be there, but will be removeable/hideable - so you shouldn't lose anything you need/want!

That pretty much sounds amazing!!! Cause I like a little blur in there. If I could see completely clear I would freak out:)

ironman77

Reaction score
Simply Stunning (BLUE) X maybe some goodies??

Some of you may be familar with my Droid ROMS + kernels ...

SSX v1.0 Beta has been released to only 2 testers - results are favorable and I've already packaged the next version for testing - so SSX should be out soon!

Chevyno1,

I'm a huge fan and suporter of your SS Roms, I have used your Roms on my OG Droid from the first point you started buidling them. Since I switched over to the Droid X I've been really missing your Simply Stunning experience over my X. Its very exciting to see that you are almost ready to launch this Rom for us Droid X users. Since your still in testing phases right now with it and you usually like to build in a couple extra add on options I wanted to throw out a few items for hopeful extras for your SS blue Rom.

I have a Sam Fascinate too that is deodexed completly and I believe there are few most applications that the X should have. So I have added a link with the following items ClockPackage which gives more feature then the X, Music Player which has basicly the same look except a few extras like a disc screen view.. Also a big must have is the Video Player much better player then Droid X native one and will play any type of video file, Puzzle Lock, instead of the 2.2 Aosp locksreen. Fun choice!! Another extra is how the fascinate notification drop down shows a quick view for your bluetooth, wi fi, GPS, and Airplane mode. Anyway just a suggestion as you continue to tweak and create Simply Stunning. I know that a few of these items may be framework dependent so I did attach the two main framework files for you as well and screen shots of what each of these future extras app addons will look like.

For everyone to know, I'm not responsible if you brick your phone attempting to install any of these applications. These are not ported to work on the Droid X as they sit but with some Chevy tweaking hopefully we will all be able to choose to add some or all of these appliations if Chevy chooses to make them an option for us.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0By...hjMTgtMWQ3MDA2ZDBjNGU3&hl=en&authkey=CNmzkPEG

>> If your looking for any other testers please PM me and let me know I would be more then willing to test toodancedroid

Thanks,

Last edited:

ColdSteele

Reaction score
we love the blue!!! SS for the win. i wont have to miss my D1 anymore... eagerly awaiting.

ironman77

Reaction score
Simply Stunning (BLUE) X maybe some goodies More

Thanks,[/quote]

Here is another screenshoot dancedroid

Last edited:

odwalker

Reaction score
Hi Chevyno1

Something I would like to know that I have not seen on any of the postings here is will this rom of your work on our droid X if we have updated to OTA 2.2 I ask due to the new boot loader that they put on it.

I really miss your rom on my droid 1 and to tell the truth after the 2.2 update I am not liking my droid x to much anymore and would like to put a rom on it and was hoping you would come out with something.

So will this thing work after we have installed 2.2 OTA update?

Thanks

Jolly

Reaction score
Chevy I have been running your Rom on my D1 since I rooted. My DX will be here Tuesday and I can't wait to see what you've done with SSX. Hopefully someone can crack the bootloader but from what I've read you've worked around a lot. Thanks for all of your hardwork. No that the SDK is out I can't even imagine what you'll come up with next.

msburr87

Reaction score
Any idea when this will be made public. Very anxious!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jolly

Reaction score
I'm anxious too and I don't even have me X yet. But consider he built in overclocking and it's still SS so what every he puts out will be the closet thing to a true Rom out there. Not to mention this was built prior to the SDK being released so the next one will be built from source.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Hi Chevyno1

Something I would like to know that I have not seen on any of the postings here is will this rom of your work on our droid X if we have updated to OTA 2.2 I ask due to the new boot loader that they put on it.

I really miss your rom on my droid 1 and to tell the truth after the 2.2 update I am not liking my droid x to much anymore and would like to put a rom on it and was hoping you would come out with something.

So will this thing work after we have installed 2.2 OTA update?

Thanks

You can run any current and future ROMS on the leaked 2.2 or OTA 2.2. The OTA 2.2 is much better than the leaked 2.2 in that if you have to SBF, we now have the FULL 2.2 official SBF which flashes your bootloader, kernel and system to the latest and greatest.

Whoever stays on the original leaked 2.2 doesn't know they are doing. All the work on cracking the bootloader pretty much ceased. Look at the Milestone; it still isn't cracked lol...

Anyway, considering that most people now have the bootloader that came with the official OTA 2.2, any work being done on it is most likely on that one.