Should I upgrade/switch to Droid X?

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
(I posted this same question in the Droid X forum, I thought I would post it here as well to get opinions of Droid 2 owners. If this is a problem for mods please forgive me and delete the other thread:))

I currently have a (new to me) Droid 2, Rooted and running Liberty Gingerbread V0.8 ROM. I really like it, it's fast, smooth, functional and looks great.

Now I have found a nice used Droid X for sale (cheap) locally and am wondering if it would be worth an upgrade? It would only cost me about $50 if I were to sell my Droid 2

(Note, I don't much care about the physical keyboard)

jmpx55x

Reaction score
I honestly checked out both phones they are pretty much the same except the difference in camaras, and screen size. Its really just a personal prefence, I chose the d2 because of the keyboard.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Khiraji

Reaction score
Well, if you want a DX, go for it - otherwise no need to waste the 50 beans. Some people like the larger screen... I personally think the DX screen size is bit excessive, but then again I'm just used to my D2 (and its keyboard).

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My girlfriend has a DX and it is definitely a good phone. Very similiar to the D2 with little differences. We have both swapped them and tried them out but I would say what makes her enjoy the DX more is the camera. She takes a lot of pictures and loves the camera it has. I prefer the D2 for it's size (same as my D1 of over a year) and don't care about the camera.

Sent from my DROID2

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Droid 2 Pros- Keyboard, More portable, slightly better looking screen due to size

Droid X Pros- Bigger Screen, HDMI, Higher MP Camera, Android 2.3, Dedicated camera button

GoBears

Reaction score
I had the DroidX and switched to the Droid2. Why? I absolutely hated the 4 physical buttons. Got so annoying I traded someone even up for a D2. I'm way happier with the capacitive buttons. Just something else to consider.

GoBears