Droid 2 vs Droid X

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
swapped my droid2 for a droidx today. the store was very aware of the droid 2 signal issues.

so far i have to say the droid x is very impressive, while running android 2.1 this phone feels snappier than the droid 2 on 2.2. i cant wait for 2.2 on this puppy. getting used to swype is going to make the physical keyboard a moot point for us.

the 2nd major thing is the camera and hd video. since we are using this for business on a mobile food truck, the ability to actually take a decent picture and HD video, and immediately share it via our social media is another big bonus.

i dont miss the droid 2 at all yet, but after a week will know.

Reaction score
I chose the D2 over the DX. I dont need a 4.3" screen. I was happy with the size of my D1's screen and my friends Evo is too big in overall size for me and the DX is even larger. I walk around with enough in my pocket to not need something else huge.

From looking at pics from both phones you really can't see a difference. And video barely looked better on the DX.

Plus of course the keyboard, i was used to it with my D1

JoshXpower

Reaction score
My d2 is much better imo. My x was large and incharge but ill never use the hdmi out put nor watch a movie on my phone. Would be worth it with a netflix app forsure. The x was so big you need a fanny pack to carry it. Didn't really look like a phone. More like a mini iPad hahaha

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I dont have either, but I would probably go with D2 because of the keyboard of course, and I don't need the other features the DX has. Such as 8MP camera. I could just use my 14 MP sony for that. I'll never use the HDMI, and though a bigger screen is cool, it probably wont make much of a difference to me.

Plus I like to play agames on it when I ned time to kill, and one of the major drawbacks from playing games on the ipod for me is having to use the touch screen for everything. The keyboard makes these games so much better. Not sure if the gamegripper is compatible, bu I dont see why it wouldnt be.

evilsock

Reaction score
ive had both, i swapped my droid 1 for an x, then my x for a 2.
the x did not have the volume i needed , it wasnt loud enough even turned all the way up. i was missing calls. im 6'3 so a big phone was nice, but its awkward and almost to big. if u hold 2 pics taken from dx and d2 side by side ill doubt u can tell a difference.
all in all the d2 is smoother has the volume i need, and 2.2 is nice too.
and the dedicated buttons on the x were the nail in the coffin for me. if ur lock isnt on and it goes in your pocket you will hit the search, wich brings up voice search, which searches for whatever conversation im having.lol
u got 30 days. so try em both.
i just love the way the 2 looks btw the colors and keyboard lights are awsome