Should I switch Droid 2 for Droid X or samsung Fascinate?

nickguz

Reaction score
I currently have a droid 2 and my sister wants to buy my phone for 200 bucks so price doesn't matter. so would it be worth it to switch my droid 2? if it is, which phone should I switch it for?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion secion

pool_shark

Reaction score
You do realize that people who like the DX or the Fascinate will say yes and others will say no?

You should go take a look at the devices and see for yourself, as well as read customer reviews.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
My bro has a droid X. And it's a good phone, but I definitely prefer my D2. His screen feels different, they both have protectors, and it could be his is old, idk. I like the size of my phone, and theyboard is real nice. The keyboard makes somethings way easier though, like those characters you can't find of the screen, or playing an emulator. Or just being able to see your screen and mpve your cursornwhen you type. The DX still has a few bugs. My D2 is rooted and he hasn't yet. They have slacked on DX updates though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Snipe315

Reaction score
You do realize that people who like the DX or the Fascinate will say yes and others will say no?

You should go take a look at the devices and see for yourself, as well as read customer reviews.

+100 to this idea.

Only YOU can decide which phone is best for you. Check them all out and see which best fits your needs.

Reaction score
I had the Droid X for 3 weeks, before returning it and getting a Droid 2 instead. I've experienced both phones, I definitely prefer the Droid 2 over the X. The X isn't a bad phone, it's a great phone, the reason I returned it was because it was defective. Things I didn't like about it, weren't really it's fault. Stuff like how the Android keyboard is vastly inferior to the iPhone's keyboard, accuracy is horrible on the Android touch keyboard. I needed a physical keyboard, and that's what the Droid 2 had, while at the same time being a top notch android phone.

So yes, it's down to personal preference. The biggest difference between the DX and D2 is the physical keyboard. That was the deciding factor for me.