Should I try .246?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
honestly I just wanted the .246 update files, now HoB nothing, every time I install a leak I wipe and factory reset etc... I honestly feel it's better and use TB to backup what I want as well as my text messages and call logs. I'm going to go ahead and follow your thread though as I am tired of the horrible battery life I'm getting on .230

edit: I've also found the files etc from your thread as I couldn't seem to find them before for some reason.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's what I like about you. Right to the point. No beating around the bush. No nonsense !
:hail:

I don't have time for nonsense. The Android world isn't the only place I play in. In fact, it's a very small part of my online time. And right now, I need to be spending time on an HTPC project but this Bionic stuff has been taking up WAY too much time lately. It's why I want a damn OTA already.

mmw68666

Reaction score
My flash works great on 246 everything so far seems great thanks Sam you are great keep up all the good work

sent from my Droid Bionic rocking ICS 246

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
246 has been stellar for me, as well. Battery life at the race was phenomenal. This phone has never been better.

jayrod

Reaction score
246 has been stellar for me, as well. Battery life at the race was phenomenal. This phone has never been better.

Out of curiosity, are any of you using any special tweaks to get these results and still actually use their phone? I have a few smart actions set up, don't use any 3rd party task managers, but I do have watchdog installed to keep a tab on rouge ram killing apps (not sure if it's actually necessary though)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are any of you using any special tweaks to get these results and still actually use their phone? I have a few smart actions set up, don't use any 3rd party task managers, but I do have watchdog installed to keep a tab on rouge ram killing apps (not sure if it's actually necessary though)

Other than disabling the apps I have in my faq, no special magic. I do adjust the brightness on the display down manually. And yes, I was using it this weekend.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I just updated to .246 yesterday from 905 and man...what a huge difference. Clocked now at 1.2 ghz this thing is screaming. just busted out a 3322 quadrant score this morning..I love the bionic again!!!!!

symbiontsoul

Reaction score
I just updated to .246 yesterday from 905 and man...what a huge difference. Clocked now at 1.2 ghz this thing is screaming. just busted out a 3322 quadrant score this morning..I love the bionic again!!!!!

I'm running .246 and my cpu still says 1ghz :(

linuxgator

Reaction score
I'm running .246 and my cpu still says 1ghz :(

Some Bionics can't do 1.2GHz. There's been speculation that when installing the updates, it runs a test or something to see if it is capable of handling it and sets the frequency accordingly.

symbiontsoul

Reaction score
Some Bionics can't do 1.2GHz. There's been speculation that when installing the updates, it runs a test or something to see if it is capable of handling it and sets the frequency accordingly.

Anyone know what the criteria is? Shouldn't the hardware all be the same?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
linuxgator said:

Well, some won't do 1.2 based strictly on the ics update, we can force the oc on any bionic, ics or gb, through kernel modules.