Should I return my Razr Maxx - 2 days left - shutting off problems - Fastboot

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I upgraded from the Razr to the Razr Maxx last Tuesday. I love the battery life! I have noticed that it tends to lock up when I use it while it is charging. (games, texting, internet). My regular Razr never did this. It has also rebooted itself several times in the last week, my regular Razr did this maybe once or twice the entire time that I have had it.

I went to bed with the phone being fully charged. I use my phone as my alarm clock. This morning I woke up late - checked the phone - power was not on. I tried turning it back on and nothing. I plugged it in and waited a bit - tried turning it on again and got the following screen:

AP Fastboot FlashMode (S)
OA.6C
To return to normal mode, first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED: Status Code: 0
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I have 2 days left before I can return the phone - does this sound like I have a bad one?
Thank you

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Definitely sounds like you have a bad one. If you bought it new from Verizon within the last 14 days then you should get a brand new one. Go to a Verizon store, show them the problem and they should be able to give you a new one right there.

I can tell you, I have had my Maxx since March and only rebooted on its own twice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
All phones have different quirks and different brands can sometimes have very different processes that are quite normal and if you are new to Android, you would have no idea if your phone should act one way or not. As well, even though it may not be normal, some odd phone behaviors may have a known very easy fix.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
All phones have different quirks and different brands can sometimes have very different processes that are quite normal and if you are new to Android, you would have no idea if your phone should act one way or not. As well, even though it may not be normal, some odd phone behaviors may have a known very easy fix.

The Razr and the Razr Maxx are the same phone with different batteries. If anything goes wrong in the first two weeks, I suggest replacing the phone, even if there is an easy fix. Too often easy fixes are temporary.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Don't give up on the MAXX, go get a brand new one while you are still under the 14 day return policy. This phone is amazing and everyone deserves to be happy with it.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
solved

after spending 62 minutes on the phone with Motorola I wound up taking the phone back to Verizon and they replaced it - no problem.

I have to laugh - when speaking to "Kevin" (who has a heavy Indian accent) at Motorola, he asked me a bunch of questions....one was "did you do a battery pull".....really?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
SJsRazr said:
after spending 62 minutes on the phone with Motorola I wound up taking the phone back to Verizon and they replaced it - no problem.

I have to laugh - when speaking to "Kevin" (who has a heavy Indian accent) at Motorola, he asked me a bunch of questions....one was "did you do a battery pull".....really?

Makes you seriously wonder whether they believe that they can solve your problem.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Makes you seriously wonder whether they believe that they can solve your problem.

I work on Dish Network (as a field tech) and we get this all the time. The phone techs will do stupid **** and make the problem worse or its a stupid thing and it takes less than five minutes to fix.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Really? You had to ask if these things were normal?

Really? Was this comment and attitude really necessary? Please keep it civil if not warm and fuzzy.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
Really? Was this comment and attitude really necessary? Please keep it civil if not warm and fuzzy.

I was only kidding. My apologies for not making this clear with smiley faces and dancing bananas.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was only kidding. My apologies for not making this clear with smiley faces and dancing bananas.

Well your alleged sarcasm in that original post wasn't just felt by me. It was actually reported to me by another member as well, and still others may have simply chosen to ignore you. As for this post, your apparent apology is appreciated though I must say I'm sensing a bit of alleged sarcasm here as well. Although a smiley face might have been apropos, a dancing banana would imply a celebration and I'm not sure what there is to celebrate about in your original comment. It's easy for someone to make a comment that was meant to be perhaps mildly insulting, and when called upon later for it immediately claim it was misinterpreted Tom Foolery (not to imply that this is what you're trying to do here, mind you).

To the relevant point, what may seem to you like an innocent poke of fun at someone can come off quite differently to others. Since there is no way for others to hear the inflection in your voice as you're "saying" something, and we can't see the smirk on your face, the only way for you to convey that what you say in jest is to be taken that way is by the use of emoticons, and even that isn't foolproof. If you believe using emoticons is somehow beneath you, or you think your intention may somehow still be misinterpreted then please allow me to suggest unless you are adding valuable content for the benefit of others that you refrain from sarcasm so as to prevent your jest from being misinterpreted as something else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
To the Op, Glad to hear of your successful trip and result at the Verizon store. Please let us know how the new one is doing.
They are great devices.
Fox- Thanks for your Leadership and tact. Humor is a wonderful thing. Sarcasm in a Forum really serves no purpose and frankly, it's old.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
To the Op, Glad to hear of your successful trip and result at the Verizon store. Please let us know how the new one is doing.
They are great devices.
Fox- Thanks for your Leadership and tact. Humor is a wonderful thing. Sarcasm in a Forum really serves no purpose and frankly, it's old.

After one week - new phone is working perfectly! There was definitely something wrong with the first one.