Selling my Macbook, Opinions on Price?

pyro6128

Reaction score
Let me preface for the mods, I'm not selling it here, just figured theres a lot of techy people here who could provide some input. Its a white 2008 macbook, 2.16Ghz, upgraded the ram to 4gb and the hdd to 500gb 5400 rpm. Now the battery says it needs servicing, and it sometimes has issues burning dvds. Given that, what do you guys think i should try sell it at? I also have the box and cables/remote, all that stuff. I want to price it realistically, but I also want to try and recoup as much as I can to put towards the new macbook pro when it comes out. Any input would be appreciated

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
probably around $400. those specs on a new computer today are priced below $400.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Go on eBay and Craigslist and look at what people are selling for there. It will give you a good idea what a used Mac book is selling for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
probably around $400. those specs on a new computer today are priced below $400.

After checking ebay, 400 does seem about right. Ill see if i can get the battery looked at otherwise ill prob have to go to like 350

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk