[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

Dom1000

Reaction score
No I haven't...I put flased AOKP and it still does it...but now it will let me delete data and it will work again before it wouldn't work even after that but I'm gonna wait it out a little got some other things to worry about

i would like to ask...is there any way i can download the cyanogenmod ringtone?

Last edited:

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Running 05/14 with 04/29 gapps. At the moment the play store isn't downloading updates (says update "could not be downloded due to an error. (921)"). I am getting reliable data (-79 dBm 8 asu).

Tried killing Play's cache and data, and force stopping it. Also tried a reboot.

Any ideas?

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Running 05/14 with 04/29 gapps. At the moment the play store isn't downloading updates (says update "could not be downloded due to an error. (921)"). I am getting reliable data (-79 dBm 8 asu).

Tried killing Play's cache and data, and force stopping it. Also tried a reboot.

Any ideas?

Phone doesn't work for incoming calls either. Switching back to stock until I have time for troubleshooting--and that alone sucks.

DEViousUSR

Reaction score
I didn't even think of a factory reset until you mentioned it.

Recently got "another" replacement D3 from Verizon. I'm not too upset about it. They keep sending me warranty replacements which generally have a few less scratches than the phone I'm using. I've had a lot of little problems with different factory replacement phones like inconsistent performance from my mini s/pdif jack. The point is I've had the benefit of experiencing various builds of these 2 versions of ICS on three different D3 handsets and just wanted to give some feedback.

First off, absolutely stellar work on making this happen. It's a huge problem that hardware companies aren't at all invested in keeping their products up to date for any amount of time. The excitement around Google I/O is bound to decrease if power users know that there is no possibility that the latest OS will ever hit their device. That's another rant though... Really like what is going on in this CM9 build and big thanks!

My only negative is that I'm still having issues with phone usage. The latest official beta was where I started using this rom as my daily driver and it has been good to me. I lost incoming sound after about a week of use, then swapped back to Liberty. Few weeks later I got the phone replaced again and went with a nightly -4/16 I believe. The phone has been rock solid for about a month until yesterday the contacts app won't open at all now. I can dial out using the search bar but I get no incoming sound. Going to try the reset as Fr33dom mentioned. I am curious what might be causing the problem though? If anyone can comment on that I'd love to be enlightened.

Again, great ROM. Light years better than GB, better UX than stock GNex in my opinion. I am and continue to be impressed with the work you do Hash. Thanks!

rckid143

Reaction score
Great work! ive been running it for 3 months and love it.

I was wondering what wifi tethering apps work for this rom? kinda annoying having to go back to stock to use tether(foxfi)

Lizx3

Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out what exactly I need to do to get ICS running on my phone? right now i'm running liberty rom and i don't have safestrap or the newest ota update. so would my first step be to remove bootstrap and install safestrap?

pondd

Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out what exactly I need to do to get ICS running on my phone? right now i'm running liberty rom and i don't have safestrap or the newest ota update. so would my first step be to remove bootstrap and install safestrap?

This should help you to uninstall bootstrap. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/181411-how-remove-hashcodes-tweaked-d3bootstrap.html

This will help you to install safestrap. How-To Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

After you get safestrap installed you should be able to install an ICS rom like you did with the liberty rom you are currently running.

Last edited:

redraff

Reaction score
signal bar is not working (I'm a GSM user) - it always shows 0dBm and two bars

salodin

Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, did the nightly on 5/26 fix the video problem? Youtube, netflix, and video camera in particular.

cwassman

Reaction score
salodin said:
If I'm reading this right, did the nightly on 5/26 fix the video problem? Youtube, netflix, and video camera in particular.

" Fix crashes on video playback. Change I8ee9162536da5711e383dd1d89dca4fa1da107be missed correct variable initializations at one of two places, which led to a null pointer dereference. This patch fixes that. It also updates the variable that stores the original allocated length to be of the same type as used in the OMX buffer header."

Is this what you are referring to? Can anybody who has tried a recent nightly confirm or deny this?

pondd

Reaction score
I just tried it. It did not fix the netflix issue. If you play videos in youtube, use HD. Videos then work well.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Since I got the Droid 4 I've been playing with the Droid 3 a bit....

Installed this yesterday, I had installed one of the early early alphas way back and played a bit, but ran 99% stock Droid 3 with root and just followed the threads instead of using it.

I have to say...very impressed! Installed 5/31 nightly and this is seriously a daily driver ROM. Quadrant scores faster than stock, Antutu scores faster than stock and a whole lot more works than before (expected since I've read the threads)....but some of the "patched in" fixes work much better than I expected.

Was surprised HBOGO works without issue....I wonder how they are calling video vs. Netflix which does not work.

Very impressive build, especially running on top of the GB kernel/locked bootloader.

Tests - Quadrant and Antutu - both ROMs on factory reset, initial setup.

Quadrant:
Droid 3 - 2272
Droid 3 ICS/CM9 - 2539

Antutu:
Droid 3 - 5289
Droid 3 ICS/CM9 - 5351

mrgator85

Reaction score
Installed the 6/2 nightly and lost mobile network connectivity after 2 days. Tried the 6/4 and same problem. Switched back to stock by disabling safestrap and still no network. I was running an early april rom before trying to update to gain new functionality. Any thoughts? Im at a loss...

ghostlobster

Reaction score
Now that my wife got her D4, I snagged her D3 to play around with. I just installed the nightly 6/5 build, coming from stock Gingerbread and I am impressed with how easy it was to get up and running, when you follow the instructions here! within 1/2 an hour, I was rooted, backed up, safe environment enabled, and running ICS! The phone does not have data, so it's just running wifi, but I like it!

Question, though...has anyone been able to try/get the Chrome Beta running reliably on it? I installed it from the Play store, and it appears to load web pages, but the display remains blank.