Seidio Slim Extended Battery

Flandry

Reaction score
Seidio has officially announced they're coming out with a slim extended battery. The new battery will be added to their current lineup of 1350 mAh and 2600 mAh offerings. No pictures, pricing, release date or rated capacity yet, but they have posted the following in their product description:

"This Innocell Extended Life Battery is designed for the customer who needs extra life, but doesn't want to add any thickness to their device. This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery."

Link

ib2qwik2c

Reaction score
they need to kill the 2600 mah fat battery and make this one 2000+mah.

blows my mind how they think the fat battery was an acceptable product to market.

LrdElderon

Reaction score

blows my mind how they think the fat battery was an acceptable product to market.

Personally I think you should be grateful that at least one company is willing to go out and put time and effort into research and development into a new product (especially batteries) for our phone. The larger extended battery is not something everyone wants or needs, but for some it's very useful and the bulkiness isn't anything worse than we've dealt with before... remember 80's phones hooked to handbag car batteries lol?. Besides if having a slightly thicker phone bothers you then just go buy a second normal battery and keep it with you.

I was scared at first because when their first slim replacement battery showed up at a smaller mah I thought that was it, but I'm glad to see that the slim extended version is still on it's way. That is one battery I would def look forward too and if I had to buy the fat battery in the meantime.... I mean at least they are trying, I haven't seen any higher capacity slim batteries coming out from any other company ... *cough* motorola *cough*

TheOldFart

Reaction score

I doubt that it's possible to get 2000 mAh in the standard size battery. I think they are shooting for 1750 mAh at best.

LrdElderon

Reaction score

I doubt that it's possible to get 2000 mAh in the standard size battery. I think they are shooting for 1750 mAh at best.

I agree, somewhere in the 1600-1800 would be quite a nice little boost in how much we can get out of our phones in a day. couple that with some of this on the fly over/under clock on the fly that some of the new roms keep talking about with things like setcpu and we may have our phones lasting a lot longer then they do now.

Personally I'm surprised how long our phones last to begin with considering A - how powerful this phone is and B- how slim the phone and battery actually are. It's amazing what they've pulled off with this phone.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally won't buy another Innocase battery last one I got lasted a whole two months... know several other people with similar results. Combined with all the problems they're having with the Innocases for the Droid and I think I'll pass on anymore of their overpriced products.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

That wouldn't be too bad, I could certainly live with that.

Last edited:

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I personally won't buy another Innocase battery last one I got lasted a whole two months... know several other people with similar results. Combined with all the problems they're having with the Innocases for the Droid and I think I'll pass on anymore of their overpriced products.

fair enough. i've heard the opposite for the most part, people and reviews are almost always generally very positive for seidio products. I'm sorry you haven't had good experiences with them.

Though just to put things into perspective what battery did you get and for what phone? as for the case I don't know. I've heard both good and bad. Personally I use the bodyglove case with belt clip. lots of people complain about that one, but I love it. nice and tight, extermely protective, i get a belt clip and it turns my phone into a virtual tank practically. Just heavy.

BzB

Reaction score
The slim extended battery is the only extended battery I'm interested in. Retaining the slim form factor is more important to me.

I currently get aboout 16hrs run on the stock 1350 mah batterry. If their other slim extended batteries are any indication, this will likely be between 1600-1800 mah or somewhere around a 20% increase in capacity over the stock battery. It could mean an additional 2 hrs (or more) run time with the slim extended battery.

If the price isn't too much more than a stock replacement battery I'll probably give it a try.

Edit: I had the seidio slim extended batterry in my storm2 for a few months and it worked out pretty well. Never tried any of their humpback extended batteries so can't speak to those.

Last edited:

crf69

Reaction score
im waiting on Mugen.....hope they make 3300 mah battery and it's fat as hell

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
fair enough. i've heard the opposite for the most part, people and reviews are almost always generally very positive for seidio products. I'm sorry you haven't had good experiences with them.

Though just to put things into perspective what battery did you get and for what phone? as for the case I don't know. I've heard both good and bad. Personally I use the bodyglove case with belt clip. lots of people complain about that one, but I love it. nice and tight, extermely protective, i get a belt clip and it turns my phone into a virtual tank practically. Just heavy.

I used a few for the Tilt and some other phones in the past and my friends over at PDC and a few on XDA had the same problem(s). As for the case I was lucky enough to get one that fits properly but I still think it is very CHEAPLY made given the price they ask. It fits well but is nothing exceptional and it's so thin and light I can not see it offering any actual protection if dropped (and seeing that, IMHO the whole purpose of adding a case is protection...). I'm going to try the BodyGlove this week.

If anyone wants a Seidio Ash Grey Innocase Combo (with the clip-holster) PM me, I'll give you a good deal (they are only 2 weeks old with no signs of wear).

LrdElderon

Reaction score

I used a few for the Tilt and some other phones in the past and my friends over at PDC and a few on XDA had the same problem(s). As for the case I was lucky enough to get one that fits properly but I still think it is very CHEAPLY made given the price they ask. It fits well but is nothing exceptional and it's so thin and light I can not see it offering any actual protection if dropped (and seeing that, IMHO the whole purpose of adding a case is protection...). I'm going to try the BodyGlove this week.

If anyone wants a Seidio Ash Grey Innocase Combo (with the clip-holster) PM me, I'll give you a good deal (they are only 2 weeks old with no signs of wear).

I think people tend to like the innocase because of how light it is, especially those prone to just use the naked phone.

Please if you wouldn't mind, post how you like the bodyglove after you get it. It goes on very tight and it's very solid and you can def see that it offers protection, but it is VERY heavy, especially with belt clip on. I think it prob doubles the weight of the phone if not slightly more at least thats how it seems. I like it though.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like anything else made third party, I'll look at it when released and make a purchase decision.

That said, I too, would prefer to remain slim. I would not expect a great change in upping the amps, it would likely make it last a few more hours at best with medium usage. Might be worth it, might not.

To me it is a matter of adapting your lifestyle, if I'm home at my PC, it goes into the dock if it is not in use, if I suspect I'm going somewhere and need to I'll charge in the car on the way.

At night it goes in the dock, or on a charger. Or I just turn off and accept that I'm not going to be on a full charge in the morning, at least until I order it some DD coffee :)

Batt life has always been a drawback of an advanced device, you must simply either adapt, or grab something large to go on it to suit you.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think people tend to like the innocase because of how light it is, especially those prone to just use the naked phone.

Please if you wouldn't mind, post how you like the bodyglove after you get it. It goes on very tight and it's very solid and you can def see that it offers protection, but it is VERY heavy, especially with belt clip on. I think it prob doubles the weight of the phone if not slightly more at least thats how it seems. I like it though.

Size and weight aren't an issue here. If anything it will be a welcomed addition. I have very large hands and am a rather big guy so I like my devices to 'fit' me. My only complaint with all this technology is everything keeps getting smaller and lighter and it feels awkward to people like me. That's why I LOVED the Tilt and Tilt2 when I was on AT&T.