Droid extended batteries?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are they good? Worth getting? Anyones opinion?
Have you read the threads on it in this very subforum?

O wow. Didnt realize how big it was. No thanks
You don't get 1500 extra mAh (over the stock 1300) for nothing. All those cells have to go somewhere.

yeah...huge - and would screw with any dock / case / holder.
Check out Seidio's offerings. At least a few are designed to accommodate the extended battery.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

After reading all of the reviews, I've decided to take a shot at it and order the thing from Amazon.Com. I really *need* the extended battery time, and I don't use either the car mount or the thing for your desk, so the extra hump in the back won't cause me problems.

I'll let you guys know how it works out.

-Mike

You won't regret it, just keep in mind you will no longer be able to rely on the internal battery percentages anymore because they cannot read the extended battery. Here are 82 pages of great user information concerning the Seidio 2600/2800 extended batteries http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/9569-seidio-2600mah-extended-battery.html

that thread should be a great help, as it was for me, good Luck

I've received the battery and extended back, but I'm still waiting on the charger and the extended Seido case. Am I correct that it's better to wait and charge the extended battery from the wall charger, rather than slap it into the phone with whatever minimal charge it comes with and try to charge that big new battery through the phone?

Thanks!

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mike, mine went right into the phone and has never seen a wall charger, whatever you do just be sure the first three or four charges you charge for 8-10 hours and run it all the way down before charging again...it might take a day and a half to do so and you might find yourself in an unlikely place when it gives out. After that you can charge it every night, I use my phone alot throughout the day...and I have never even came close draining this thing completely