seidio innocase wont stay on..

OP
F

flicek88

Reaction score
i think we are unlucky to receive a unusable cover.
just wait for the replacement and everything goes fine

my replacement cover (burgundy) did not fit, either.

You're not the first person I heard this from. The only other reviews I found on the web speak of this exact problem of the top not staying on. Seeing that one of seidios employees has an account in this forum is a little suspicious. Considering that it was these forums that convinced me of buying the innocase to begin with. Something isn't right.

thistle555

Reaction score
I got my Droid as an Xmas gift & my DH got the blue Verizon hard case to go with it. I LOVE the Droid & the case is perfectly functional, but a little thick & well, blue plastic. Based on what I've read on this forum & others, I've ordered a Seidio innocase (nice, low key grey) & the dock. I'm interested in getting the car mount, when it's available. The guys at the Verizon store told me that the Motorola car mount SHOULD work w/ the case-I've heard otherwise.

I'm a bit of a klutz, & would prefer to hedge my bets, & use a case-since Seidio is offering accessories that work w/ a case, I think that's my best bet. I put my Droid either in a pocket or my purse...

OP
F

flicek88

Reaction score
Today the case came in the mail which was a nice surprise since I orderd it 3 days ago. Excitedly I went to install the case on my droid. Bottom snapped in perfectly - great. Now for the top part...1 hour later I still could not get the forth and final clip to snap in. Its the clip located under the back key. After reading all the rave reviews of this case I'm truly disappointed. Anyone else have this issue? Did u get a free replacement or a refund? Seidio doesn't take calls on weekends so I'm growing impatient while this stubborn case sits on my desk mocking me.

PLease PM me your order #. we will take care of it Monday.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio

Order Number sent via PM

dkelly701

Reaction score
Hopefully you will have better results than I did with Seido. My order for the Innocase Surface / Horizontal Leather Case Combo was stuck in processing last week. After waiting several days I called and was advised the leather case was out of stock and they had no idea when they would have them. Since my droid is naked now, I asked could they send the surface case now and the leather case when it becomes available. The guy immediately said no. I had no choice but to cancel my order and try to find another case. I posted about this on another thread and seidioseidio posted back and told me to PM him with my information and he would take care of it immediately. I did so and when I didn't hear back from him the rest of the day, I emailed him with my telephone number and he said he would call me today (01/11/10). He didn't. I called a few minutes ago and asked to speak to who ever it is that posts on this forum and the guy in sales said that person was out of the office. I explained to him about the situation and he said that I would have to purchase the innocase now and the leather case when it was available and pay shipping on both. I declined. In my opinion, their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Today the case came in the mail which was a nice surprise since I orderd it 3 days ago. Excitedly I went to install the case on my droid. Bottom snapped in perfectly - great. Now for the top part...1 hour later I still could not get the forth and final clip to snap in. Its the clip located under the back key. After reading all the rave reviews of this case I'm truly disappointed. Anyone else have this issue? Did u get a free replacement or a refund? Seidio doesn't take calls on weekends so I'm growing impatient while this stubborn case sits on my desk mocking me.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio

Order Number sent via PM

OP
F

flicek88

Reaction score
Hopefully you will have better results than I did with Seido. My order for the Innocase Surface / Horizontal Leather Case Combo was stuck in processing last week. After waiting several days I called and was advised the leather case was out of stock and they had no idea when they would have them. Since my droid is naked now, I asked could they send the surface case now and the leather case when it becomes available. The guy immediately said no. I had no choice but to cancel my order and try to find another case. I posted about this on another thread and seidioseidio posted back and told me to PM him with my information and he would take care of it immediately. I did so and when I didn't hear back from him the rest of the day, I emailed him with my telephone number and he said he would call me today (01/11/10). He didn't. I called a few minutes ago and asked to speak to who ever it is that posts on this forum and the guy in sales said that person was out of the office. I explained to him about the situation and he said that I would have to purchase the innocase now and the leather case when it was available and pay shipping on both. I declined. In my opinion, their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio

Order Number sent via PM

Well seidioseidio hasn't responded to my pm. So ill have to give their cs a call. I think I'm going to get a refund and buy the body glove instead. Even though its an ugly case its known for being a pain the arse to get off, which imo is great.

seidioseidio

Reaction score
Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We sincerely apologize to those of you experiencing difficulties, and really appreciate your honest feedback.

Although we’ve shipped thousands of Droid cases without incident, there have been a few of you that have recently experienced some fit issues with the top of their case.

After a thorough investigating we've found that there are some tolerance differences between our model and other Droids in the market. We confirmed this at CES last week by testing our case on various customer devices. Unfortunately we've seen these large tolerance differences in Motorola devices before, (last with the Motorola Q). On a less precise case this wouldn't be an issue, but for ours it's obviously caused some fit problems. This applies to a very small portion of cases that we have shipped, and both quality and consistency have been unaffected.

Please understand that this is not a quality issue as we cannot foresee changes on Motorola's side. Every replacement we sent out went through a fit test with our own Droids, but because your devices were different the replacements weren't fitting either.

Please know that we are doing everything in our power to find a solution to the problem and fix it as quickly as possible.

For those of you who already have a case and are experiencing the aforementioned issue, we have a couple of options:

1. We can take your case back for a refund, and contact you once we have a replacement so you can re-order.
2. You can hold on to your existing case and we will send you a replacement once we've addressed the issue.

Please contact customer service at 832-204-1118 and we'll get you taken care of.

Last edited:

masterxchief

Reaction score
I've gone through 2 replacements of the case for various reasons and none of them had issues staying on my phone.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
I believe that there are some slight variances in the droids which causes fitment issues. Unless seidio changes there design some then I wwould expect this problem to pop up a lot more. I just went through 4 brand new cases and none of them fit.

My advice to anyone who has problems with the top piece fitting to just forget about it and return your case. There customer service is excelent but I think the problem is in the design.

EmPuLSe

Reaction score
Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We sincerely apologize to those of you experiencing difficulties, and really appreciate your honest feedback.

Although we’ve shipped thousands of Droid cases without incident, there have been a few of you that have recently experienced some fit issues with the top of their case.

After a thorough investigating we've found that there are some tolerance differences between our model and other Droids in the market. We confirmed this at CES last week by testing our case on various customer devices. Unfortunately we've seen these large tolerance differences in Motorola devices before, (last with the Motorola Q). On a less precise case this wouldn't be an issue, but for ours it's obviously caused some fit problems. This applies to a very small portion of cases that we have shipped, and both quality and consistency have been unaffected.

Please understand that this is not a quality issue as we cannot foresee changes on Motorola's side. Every replacement we sent out went through a fit test with our own Droids, but because your devices were different the replacements weren't fitting either.

Please know that we are doing everything in our power to find a solution to the problem and fix it as quickly as possible.

For those of you who already have a case and are experiencing the aforementioned issue, we have a couple of options:

1. We can take your case back for a refund, and contact you once we have a replacement so you can re-order.
2. You can hold on to your existing case and we will send you a replacement once we've addressed the issue.

Please contact customer service at 832-204-1118 and we'll get you taken care of.

Sadly, my *3rd* replacement showed up today, and I am still experiencing the same fitment issues. The guy in tech support last week was very helpful, but seemed clueless on the issue. . . It sounds like there was a bit of a revelation this last week at CES. The tech support guy told me he would make a note on my order that my replacement case had to be tested on a phone there, but if theirs is a different size than mine then it didn't do much good (obviously).

I suppose I am going to get ahold of them and tell them to send me a replacement case when they resolve the problem. I really really like the product. The look and feel is outstanding. I just want the goddamned thing to fit. And perfectly.

yudan

Reaction score
like the one above me, my second replacement doesn't fit my milestone again. the top cover seems not long enough to cover my screen. i wonder if it happens in certain colour.
for those who got an unfitted innocase, would you mind telling me which colour did you bought?
thanks

hondabacon

Reaction score
Same issue black case. I'm going to wait for a different tolerance case. Customer support told me different castings at the factory so experiencing this problem with some of the droids.

Psosmith82

Reaction score
Could someone whos gotten a replacement top case tell me what way that they shipped it to you (usps,fedex or UPS) i was supposidly shipped out a replacement now a little over a week ago and i still dont have it. Customer service is now closed until monday, so i just thought i would ask here