seidio innocase wont stay on..

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by flicek88, Jan 10, 2010.

1. dodgemaniac

dodgemaniac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that there are some slight variances in the droids which causes fitment issues. Unless seidio changes there design some then I wwould expect this problem to pop up a lot more. I just went through 4 brand new cases and none of them fit.

My advice to anyone who has problems with the top piece fitting to just forget about it and return your case. There customer service is excelent but I think the problem is in the design.

2. EmPuLSe

EmPuLSe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly, my *3rd* replacement showed up today, and I am still experiencing the same fitment issues. The guy in tech support last week was very helpful, but seemed clueless on the issue. . . It sounds like there was a bit of a revelation this last week at CES. The tech support guy told me he would make a note on my order that my replacement case had to be tested on a phone there, but if theirs is a different size than mine then it didn't do much good (obviously).

I suppose I am going to get ahold of them and tell them to send me a replacement case when they resolve the problem. I really really like the product. The look and feel is outstanding. I just want the goddamned thing to fit. And perfectly.

3. yudan

yudan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    like the one above me, my second replacement doesn't fit my milestone again. the top cover seems not long enough to cover my screen. i wonder if it happens in certain colour.
    for those who got an unfitted innocase, would you mind telling me which colour did you bought?
    thanks

4. EmPuLSe

EmPuLSe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sapphire (Blue)

5. hondabacon

hondabacon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issue black case. I'm going to wait for a different tolerance case. Customer support told me different castings at the factory so experiencing this problem with some of the droids.

6. Psosmith82

Psosmith82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone whos gotten a replacement top case tell me what way that they shipped it to you (usps,fedex or UPS) i was supposidly shipped out a replacement now a little over a week ago and i still dont have it. Customer service is now closed until monday, so i just thought i would ask here

7. flicek88

flicek88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to someone at seidio earlier today and they're waiting for the revised case to arrive before shipping replacements. She said it would be another 2 weeks before the new cases would be shipped out. At least we know the replacement will actually work once it does come.

8. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As far as I know, Seidio always uses USPS (at least in the US) for their shipments. My information comes from getting three cases from them in the last three weeks.

Suffice to say that I went through a struggle to get a burgundy case with the embossed (non-white) logo on the back. On the plus side, Seidio made it right in the end and I'm quite happy with the case.

As far as different "castings" are concerned, I'm not surprised. I think Seidio has been through the wringer from their supplier(s) over the Droid Innocase. In my case, comparing the three cases I received, the color varied slightly from one to another. One had a "drilled" hole in the back, and two had square holes. And when I put this last version on, I noticed that the slight rise at the top of the back of the phone was less prominent than on the first and second cases I received. (The last one has the embossed logo.) All three of the cases I received fitted perfectly, but I suspect that's just the luck of the draw.

In short, I suspect that being a new product rushed to market to meet significant demand has resulted in some problems for Seidio. I've purchased several products from them over the years and this is the first I've had significant problems with. Still, they've straightened it all out in the end and I'm a satisfied customer.

I suggest that others with problems simply be firm, polite, and persistent. Seidio will get it right if it's possible to get it right. And that's not an insignificant point.

9. catmcc

catmcc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We bought our droids yesterday and preordered the seidio cases before buying the phones so that we had them to go on right when we bought the hardware. We bought one black case and one gray case. Both cases fit our phones perfectly. Love the phones and love the cases!

10. yudan

yudan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i request them to ship the replacement via the same method they sent me in the first time, that's fedex, the replacement takes 4 days to arrive.(i live in hk)

11. SANhacker

SANhacker Member

Ratings:
    +7
    +1
    The fit and finish of the Seidio case is perfect on my Droid. The Charging Station is also perfect. No issues at all.

No, I don't work for Seidio. :)

12. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    On two of my Droid's the case fits perfectly but on the third it doesn't . all of them are made on 49/09 but they all have different battery covers , sizes and sliding keyboards . Guess somebody messed up the mouldings dimensions for one of the production lines .