Review: Seidio Innocase Active

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
seidiologo.jpg

Today i am reviewing the Seidio Innocase Active.

dsc00380n.jpg

The case has Seidio's Soft Touch feel to it which makes it very nice and adds a bit of comfort when it comes to grip. The case consists of two layers, The first layer is a silicone layer and the second layer is a hard shell that goes over the silicone. This combination of layers will provide good protection from drops and scratches because it will be able to take shock and at the same time will be strong enough that it wont budge. The power button and volume up and down rocker are covered by silicone as well and the silicone over these buttons is solid so that you can still easily push the buttons with the added thickness of the case. The case is very easy to install and remove. It does add a little bit more bulk than the Seidio Innocase II Surface but also adds more protection. It actually feels very nice in my hand. It will easily slide in and out of your pocket if thats where you choose to keep your phone. The case provides protection for the protruding camera on the back of the Incredible. This case will sit a little higher than the camera so the camera isn't sticking out anymore. The cutouts for the Camera, 3.5mm jack, Back Speaker, Charge Port, and microphone were all cut very nicely and with precision. There is also a cutout around the front speaker so you can still hear the person you are talking to loud and clear. The sound quality from the back speaker is not affected with this case installed, and call quality was not affected while on speaker either. Picture quality was also still at its best with the case installed.

dsc00381pg.jpg

Overall i think this case is very nice. Your phone will be protected while still having tons of style and protection. Another great accessory by Seidio!

dsc00398p.jpg

dsc00393xd.jpg

drtnsnw

Reaction score
looks very nice. I guess I will need to get one coming in a week when my inc. is supposed to ship:(

Chris

zMd113

Reaction score
I just hate when my small, sleek, & fits in my pocket phone becomes bulky and ugly. Plus none of them protect the screen from scratches which is what I really care about.

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I just hate when my small, sleek, & fits in my pocket phone becomes bulky and ugly. Plus none of them protect the screen from scratches which is what I really care about.

Seidio cases don't add much bulk at all. This one adds a little more than the Innocase II Surface but provides better protection.

As far as screen protection, that's what Screen Protectors are made for.

Rischardo

Reaction score
thanks for your reviews. I've read your review on the innocase II and can't decide between the active and the II.

seeing how I was unlucky enough to have my screen obliterated by a face down fall, which case in your opinion would have a fighting chance against such a fall? It looks like the II sticks out a little bit over the front wheras the active does not. Since you've used both cases, which case would better ease the fear of a face down drop?

r1tony

Reaction score
I got one too and I have to say this is the best case I have had for the incredible. I always purchased Seidio cases for my phones and this one is another great product.

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
thanks for your reviews. I've read your review on the innocase II and can't decide between the active and the II.

seeing how I was unlucky enough to have my screen obliterated by a face down fall, which case in your opinion would have a fighting chance against such a fall? It looks like the II sticks out a little bit over the front wheras the active does not. Since you've used both cases, which case would better ease the fear of a face down drop?

I would say the Seidio Innocase II Surface would be a little better for face down falls than the Active. Either way i would recommend a screen protector.

freddie

Reaction score
Anyone have larger pics of the sapphire Active case? I'm diggin the color, and am tempted to pull the trigger on a Active case + Holster combo

dspcap

Reaction score

I would recommend checking all the forums on the Innocase II before purchasing it. People have had a variety of issues with it. The active is a very solid case and I have not seen any negative feedback on it. I've purchased both in the past and recommend the Active between the two.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
Thanks for this review! It only solidifies that my choice to get this case when I finally receive my Incredible was the right one for me.

I have a slight fear that the phone might be a little too thin in my hand, so adding the bulk may not be such a bad thing for me. I know my naked iPod touch (1st gen) is scary thin for me. I almost feel like I have to have it in a case because it feels so fragile.

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Thanks for this review! It only solidifies that my choice to get this case when I finally receive my Incredible was the right one for me.

I have a slight fear that the phone might be a little too thin in my hand, so adding the bulk may not be such a bad thing for me. I know my naked iPod touch (1st gen) is scary thin for me. I almost feel like I have to have it in a case because it feels so fragile.

Yeah its a nice case for sure.

iHad a G1

Reaction score
Does this case have that slimy feel like some rubber/silicon cases do, and when you pull it out of your pocket, does it make you pocket "sock" or pull it out?

I like how it makes the sample phone look like an :iphone:, and would still be well protected. I also liked yours and several other of the people from seidio's sites reviews.