seidio innocase wont stay on..

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by flicek88, Jan 10, 2010.

1. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

Today the case came in the mail which was a nice surprise since I orderd it 3 days ago. Excitedly I went to install the case on my droid. Bottom snapped in perfectly - great. Now for the top part...1 hour later I still could not get the forth and final clip to snap in. Its the clip located under the back key. After reading all the rave reviews of this case I'm truly disappointed. Anyone else have this issue? Did u get a free replacement or a refund? Seidio doesn't take calls on weekends so I'm growing impatient while this stubborn case sits on my desk mocking me.
  2. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

I don't know what to tell you... More helpful information may come with pics?

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  3. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

Pictures might show that the clip isn't as big as it ahould be. I can't get my camera to clearly show this. If I rub my finger over the clip it certainly isn't as prominent as the clips on the upper part of the case.
  4. yudan

yudan New Member

actually I got the same problem with you. I sent them a e-mail and they said they will mail me a free replacement soon.
    By the way, which color did you get? I just wanna know if it is the problem of specific color.
    (i got a purple one)
  5. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

That's good to hear that they sent you a free replacement. I ordered the black case. I'm wondering if I should have ordered the body glove instead. But the bg is one fugly looking case. At this point I just want something that works.
  6. Spartan

Spartan New Member

I have the black case. Received it a week ago and it snapped on and fits perfectly. Works great with the holster. For what its worth, you did follow the directions, starting at the bottom (near the microphone) and with the top open to install the top cover?
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  7. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

Are the clips the same size on the screen piece? The clips on the bottom part of the case, nearest the soft touch keys, are noticebly smaller than the clips near the headphone jack.
  8. Spartan

Spartan New Member

Not sure if they are the same size. Not sure I want to take mine off now! But try starting a the bottom near the soft keys and going to the top. Make sure the slide is open.
  9. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

O
    Thanks for the advice, but I spent an entire hour trying just about everything possible to get it to stay on with zero success. Nothing's perfect. I'm just a bit jaded because I got the seidio thinking it's the best case for the Droid. A case that stayed clippped in while remaining sleek and comfortable to use. In hindsight this case is a bit over priced. I'm looking at the body glove on Amazon and its only 14.95 for the oem case that comes with a belt clip. The body glove also has the velvet stuff on the inside of the case. I'm starting to think the seidio case is a rip off. I guess I'm a bit biased ATM since I'm one of few people who got a defective case, but still for 30 bones, I expect this little piece of plastic to clip on. If I wanted this headache I could have bought the 2 dollar case off ebay.
  10. Spartan

Spartan New Member

I hear ya, but this is a new case for them and their customer service is great. I'd contact them and they'll send you a replacement cover. It should fit with no problems. IMO this case is much better than the BG, especially when used with the holster. Good luck!
  11. seidioseidio

seidioseidio New Member

PLease PM me your order #. we will take care of it Monday.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio
  12. Spartan

Spartan New Member

Thats why I buy from them! Great customer service.
  13. yudan

yudan New Member

i think we are unlucky to receive a unusable cover.
    just wait for the replacement and everything goes fine
  14. sqpeg

sqpeg New Member

or not.

my replacement cover (burgundy) did not fit, either.
  15. yudan

yudan New Member

so did u got the third replacement?
  16. sqpeg

sqpeg New Member

just began the process (their support staff seems to take the weekend off... the nerve of them to have lives!).
  17. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

You're not the first person I heard this from. The only other reviews I found on the web speak of this exact problem of the top not staying on. Seeing that one of seidios employees has an account in this forum is a little suspicious. Considering that it was these forums that convinced me of buying the innocase to begin with. Something isn't right.
  18. thistle555

thistle555 New Member

I got my Droid as an Xmas gift & my DH got the blue Verizon hard case to go with it. I LOVE the Droid & the case is perfectly functional, but a little thick & well, blue plastic. Based on what I've read on this forum & others, I've ordered a Seidio innocase (nice, low key grey) & the dock. I'm interested in getting the car mount, when it's available. The guys at the Verizon store told me that the Motorola car mount SHOULD work w/ the case-I've heard otherwise.

I'm a bit of a klutz, & would prefer to hedge my bets, & use a case-since Seidio is offering accessories that work w/ a case, I think that's my best bet. I put my Droid either in a pocket or my purse...
  19. flicek88

flicek88 New Member

Order Number sent via PM
  20. dkelly701

dkelly701 New Member

Hopefully you will have better results than I did with Seido. My order for the Innocase Surface / Horizontal Leather Case Combo was stuck in processing last week. After waiting several days I called and was advised the leather case was out of stock and they had no idea when they would have them. Since my droid is naked now, I asked could they send the surface case now and the leather case when it becomes available. The guy immediately said no. I had no choice but to cancel my order and try to find another case. I posted about this on another thread and seidioseidio posted back and told me to PM him with my information and he would take care of it immediately. I did so and when I didn't hear back from him the rest of the day, I emailed him with my telephone number and he said he would call me today (01/11/10). He didn't. I called a few minutes ago and asked to speak to who ever it is that posts on this forum and the guy in sales said that person was out of the office. I explained to him about the situation and he said that I would have to purchase the innocase now and the leather case when it was available and pay shipping on both. I declined. In my opinion, their customer service leaves something to be desired.