Seidio desktop cradle pre orders

whoster69

Reaction score
One other question. How are some people hooking up their cradle kit to their computers? Mine only came with a power cord (that was separate). Are you buying a different USB cord or using the one that came with your Droid or something else?
the one came with your droid will work

I'm figured that was the case. Is there a version from Siedio that works with a computer? If so, which one?

CatsTide

Reaction score
One other question. How are some people hooking up their cradle kit to their computers? Mine only came with a power cord (that was separate). Are you buying a different USB cord or using the one that came with your Droid or something else?

I'm figured that was the case. Is there a version from Siedio that works with a computer? If so, which one?
the usb to micro usb cord is pretty much a generic cord. you can pick one up any where....office max...etc

xtremecanefan

Reaction score

the usb to micro usb cord is pretty much a generic cord. you can pick one up any where....office max...etc

I got two Ultra 6ft Micro USB from CompUSA (Tiger direct) and it works as both a charger using the usb-to-wall plug adapter and as a data cable/charging using the Seido desktop cradle.

Brandon314159

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been enjoying the home-dock for awhile now, but noticed an interesting problem that I just finally figured out today (or rather, last night).

Droid has been randomly turning on after I tell the screen to sleep (multimedia mode sometimes too bright for me)...kinda annoying but figured some app was running and screwing it up.

Last night the Droid died on the dock (battery down to 3%!) while plugged in (I have the charging dock) The whole time the screen going on/off/on/off and then eventually battery making power-low noises (new to me). Kept waking me up most of the night.

Turns out that the power supply that Seidio provided for this charging dock is failing. Directly connecting it to the phone does something similar (charges for about 20 seconds then powers off...and restarts again sometime later). On the dock I am thinking that the power required to run the LED is enough to now cause it to only charge for like 5 seconds or less, then kick off.

Charger is rated 5.3V +/- .3V @ 1Amp. Not terribly impressive voltage regulation there for a 5V supply.

Wall wart is fairly hot too. I am guessing it failed. Time to talk to seidio and get a replacement. If it torches my Droid because of poor voltage regulation I will be :mad:

For now using the stock charger (which I used to keep near my comp) and its short little cable.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Just message SeidoSeido here on the forums with your order number and issue and he should be able to help, one thing thats nice about getting stuff from seido....good customer service.

Also, when in multimedia mode, if it is to bright you can hit the little light button on the bottom of the screen, that dims it a bit.

seidioseidio

Reaction score
Just message SeidoSeido here on the forums with your order number and issue and he should be able to help, one thing thats nice about getting stuff from seido....good customer service.

Also, when in multimedia mode, if it is to bright you can hit the little light button on the bottom of the screen, that dims it a bit.

Got it ! will handle first thing Monday.

Sorry for the problem

Seidio

netboy27

Reaction score
Well, going to make the plunge and buy one cradle for the bedstand and one for my desk at work.

I'm going to use the oem charger for now.

piutebrian

Reaction score
Well the first dock that I got wouldn't charge my phone. Seidio was nice enough to quickly send me another one. Same issue. Using the stock charger that came with my phone. Plug it into the dock. Green light on the back of the dock comes on. I put my phone in the dock. (60 percent charge.) It starts to charge and then shuts off on it's own before the phone is charged. Maybe stayed charging for about 5 minutes.

I played with the dock and made sure that all the connections were tight. I tried my extra charging cable with the dock. Same issue. Tried my neighbors charging cable with the dock. Same issue. All three of the cables charge my phone just fine when you connect them directly to the phone. Either I have incredibly bad luck or there are some serious issues with the build quality on these things. I've already requested another RMA on the second dock.

scarrz

Reaction score
I received my replacement cradle today and it worked as it should, charging my phone and charged to 100% throughout the nite. I know Seidio told me via email they had tested it prior to shipping but seems like they might need to start doing that with all of them since there appears to be some bad apples.

Good luck.

duckandmiss

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know...

Seidio
COUPON CODE:LOVE2010
10% off entire purchase of $50 or more until February 14, 2010

I just ordered the black case and cradle with charger combo, I hope it's checked before it's sent, I hate being excited for something and having it not work immediately.

piutebrian

Reaction score
Seidio
COUPON CODE:LOVE2010
10% off entire purchase of $50 or more until February 14, 2010

I just ordered the black case and cradle with charger combo, I hope it's checked before it's sent, I hate being excited for something and having it not work immediately.

Good luck to you. I've been given two defective docks. I filed a second RMA request with them with no response. SeidioSeidio on this forum said that they were going to forward to the RMA department. Finally got a response back that now I need to call them to get it taken care of. I get the impression that they just want me to go away.

I just now requested a shipping label to send the two docks back. I'm done dealing with these things.

netboy27

Reaction score
Well, going to make the plunge and buy one cradle for the bedstand and one for my desk at work.

I'm going to use the oem charger for now.
I just got my pair of cradles, they work great. I got a pair of long chargers, one for the bedstand, 1 for the desk at work. So far, so good.

You have to make sure you make the connection when you mr droid on the dock, though. I had my phone in the dock mode the 1st night, but it didn't charge cause it wasn't all the way down on the connector piece. My fault.

I use mine with the seidio case, the fit is perfect.

duckandmiss

Reaction score
Got my charger and case, the case is fantastic, very low profile.. and the cradle seems to be charging fine... the wall wort is warm but not too crazy... I'm keeping an eye on it now to make sure everything it working correctly...

Has Seidio improved it's quality control at all? Does it exist?

piutebrian

Reaction score
Got my charger and case, the case is fantastic, very low profile.. and the cradle seems to be charging fine... the wall wort is warm but not too crazy... I'm keeping an eye on it now to make sure everything it working correctly...

Has Seidio improved it's quality control at all? Does it exist?

Well I still have two defective docks. On February 3rd I requested a return shipping label to return the docks and get my money back. Seidio is just ignoring my emails at this point. They won't respond and I still don't have a shipping label. Really crappy customer service. I won't be purchasing from Seidio again.