Seidio desktop cradle pre orders

Magdroid

Reaction score
I found the issue. If you are using the cable that came from Seidio, it's a Charing ONLY cable. If you use the data cable that came with the Droid itself, it will mount fine! Mine wasn't showing a "Charge" because it was at %100. So I can't tell until I use the battery a bit if it is charging correctly. It again, works fine from the wall. And will Mount to my computer fine if I use another cord (again, not the one from Seidio).

CatsTide

Reaction score
I received my charge cradle today. I plugged in my droid and the light in the back showing USB is green, the phone goes into multimedia mode, but it DOES NOT charge nor will the computer recognize it. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit.
I'm concerned in the fact that its not charging. I tried 2 different mini USB cables and nothing and if you plug the droid in with just the cable connected to either the OEM wall charger or PC it charges just fine, so its definitely not a cable issue.

Please advise Seidio representative, thanks! (I already sent you a PM with my order #).

I received my charge cradle today. I plugged in my droid and the light in the back showing USB is green, the phone goes into multimedia mode, but it DOES NOT charge nor will the computer recognize it. I'm running windows 7, 64 bit.
I'm concerned in the fact that its not charging. I tried 2 different mini USB cables and nothing and if you plug the droid in with just the cable connected to either the OEM wall charger or PC it charges just fine, so its definitely not a cable issue.

Please advise Seidio representative, thanks! (I already sent you a PM with my order #).

I got mine today. Same issue. Green light comes on when cable is plugged into the dock. Phone will not charge. My cable charges my phone fine when it is connected directly to the phone.
same here...not charging. i have mine plugged directly into the wall....bad batch?

RolandOG

Reaction score
Just to add to the sample. I've used my cradle, with the OEM cable plugged into the wall, for the last two nights and it has charged perfectly both times.

CatsTide

Reaction score
ok,just for fun i tried mine with the moto oem wall cord...still nogo. i had been using a blackberry cord that i have been using with my moto cradle.

edit...ok,out of the blue it started charging...not liking this. not sure if it's the cradle,software or cord. all i know is i had no problems with the moto charger. i guess i'll test it for a few more days.

Last edited:

scarrz

Reaction score
I found the issue. If you are using the cable that came from Seidio, it's a Charing ONLY cable. If you use the data cable that came with the Droid itself, it will mount fine! Mine wasn't showing a "Charge" because it was at %100. So I can't tell until I use the battery a bit if it is charging correctly. It again, works fine from the wall. And will Mount to my computer fine if I use another cord (again, not the one from Seidio).

Again I have tried both cables including the one that came with my droid and neither one will charge using the Seidio charge cradle. Now when I take the plug out of the cradle and plug directly into my phone, THEN the phone will charge and sync. So that would leave me to believe it is certainly the Seidio cradle.

For the other person who's cradle is not working and suggested a bad batch, my last 4 serial numbers are 3989.

CatsTide

Reaction score

Again I have tried both cables including the one that came with my droid and neither one will charge using the Seidio charge cradle. Now when I take the plug out of the cradle and plug directly into my phone, THEN the phone will charge and sync. So that would leave me to believe it is certainly the Seidio cradle.

For the other person who's cradle is not working and suggested a bad batch, my last 4 serial numbers are 3989.
4313 here....

seidioseidio

Reaction score
Hello All,

Thank you for your comments and we are looking into this to see if that this is an issue. In the mean time, please PM us and we will be happy to help you with your cradle!

Regards,

scarrz

Reaction score
Well, i contacted Seidio and they have shipped out a new dock with a prepaid return shipping. I'll post back once I receive the new cradle. I have to say the customer service is top notch and makes me feel good about purchasing from a quality company.
I have had some horrible experiences with companies and post sale support, but so far Seidio has impressed.

piutebrian

Reaction score
Dock Issue

Well, i contacted Seidio and they have shipped out a new dock with a prepaid return shipping. I'll post back once I receive the new cradle. I have to say the customer service is top notch and makes me feel good about purchasing from a quality company.
I have had some horrible experiences with companies and post sale support, but so far Seidio has impressed.

Same here. I sent a PM. They are doing an advance RMA for me. I'll see if I have better luck with the second one. Customer service was very quick to respond. If anybody else is having an issue just PM them. Looks like they are eager to get things right.

seidioseidio

Reaction score

After receiving the complaint, our product group tested 100 pcs of Droid cradle from our inventory today, we did find one piece has the charging issue due to the poor contact beween the Droid and the cradle connector. The replacement was tested before shipping out today to make sure the contact is proper.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio

Dankinia

Reaction score
I got my dock on Wednesday and it works perfectly. The only problem I have is it is a bit difficult to get the phone to connect to the USB in the dock. I think this is partly user error though and after using it for awhile I will find the perfect angle.

whoster69

Reaction score
I never did get a call back from Seidio after leaving them a message, but on my own I have been able to fix all of the problems I was having. My innocase now is secure (and has been almost a week). The leather case works well with the innocase (good fit and has stayed snug after a week of use) and my Droid in the innocase drops in easily to the cradle. At this point I am quite happy with the whole setup.

One other question. How are some people hooking up their cradle kit to their computers? Mine only came with a power cord (that was separate). Are you buying a different USB cord or using the one that came with your Droid or something else?

CatsTide

Reaction score
One other question. How are some people hooking up their cradle kit to their computers? Mine only came with a power cord (that was separate). Are you buying a different USB cord or using the one that came with your Droid or something else?
the one came with your droid will work