Seeking E-mail app

kevin90

Reaction score
all the email apps ive found are the same. what im looking for is an email app that will put my inbox on one of my desktop windows so that i dont have to click the 1x1 icon. i wanna be able to access everything justfrom sliding left from the home page. something that will take upmostof the window like a 4x4 or 4x3.

jcolt

Reaction score
Ok, first you need to download K9 mail for Pure Widget from the market. It is free (but make sure you download the one for Pure Widget, not regular K9). Set up your email.

Now download Pure Messenger Widget from the market. This is a paid widget (couple of bucks) but well worth it. Once that is installed, long press your home screen, go to add widget and ad Pure Messenger widget (they have several ones to choose from depending on what you are looking for).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 238
OP
K

kevin90

Reaction score
I tried downloading it but I came across a problem... it says purchased but when I try to download it, it wont even progress to 1%... the DL bar just goes away as if I didn't try to install

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jcolt

Reaction score
On the market page does it say it is installed? If so uninstall and then reinstall. That should work. If not email the dev his email is on the market page. I had two issues once and he respondedwithin 2 hours to my email.

Also u installed K9 for Pure right? You need this for the widget.

OP
K

kevin90

Reaction score
Yeah I got k9 pure right after trying to get pure messenger. As far as pure messenger goes... it doesn't day installed just purchased. I did email the dev a couple days ago and all he said was

"You should read this

http://koxx3.wordpress.com/2009/10/22/download-issues-with-google-android-market/ "

I still didn't find any answers. Im gettin ready to just go to a Verizon store for help. They could figure it out right?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jcolt

Reaction score
In dont think verizon will be much help as it is a Google issue. I assume you read his link and your CC accepts other currencies. If not that could be the problem. Also, have you tried his suggestion in step 3:

3 – market applications (on phone) is stuck
Since few days/weeks, this is a very common problem of the Market.
Sometime download doesn’t start or the install fail : Google forum 1 or here Google forum 2
A solution from users that may help :
- go to your settings,
- then select “manage applications” ,
- scroll down to,
>>> “Checkin Service” then select “clear data”
>>> “Download Manager” then select “clear data”
>>> “Google Apps” then “clear data”
>>> “Google Talk Service” then select “clear data”
>>> “Market” then select “clear cache” and “remove updates
- switch off your phone and switch it back on
- login Market and download again.

jcolt