See MPH in Google Nav?

marlon3

Reaction score
is it possible to display your MPH while using the Nav? I wanna check on how accurate my speedo is on my Motorcycle and my bicyles.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should NOT be wearing a 'speedo' on a bike :rofl3:

Don't any of the suburbs around Seattle or any of the highways have those radar-speed displays (the one's that show you your speed in a rather useless effort to get you to slow down)?

Though I do miss the TomTom's speed 'warning' feature (i.e. if you entered a part of a highway that had a lower speed w/o realizing it the program would alert you with a loud tone.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 on needing this as a feature.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My car has this thing already built into it called a speedometer. Works amazingly well. :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OP's vehicles do as well but you can't calibrate a device to itself. :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of apps in the market that show you MPH, but you obviously can't have both Navigation and the app showing at the same time.

tommy

Reaction score
I also wish it would show MPH. I miss that from my TomTom.

Another TomTom feature that I miss in Google Maps is toll road avoidance. That's huge.

actrack03

Reaction score
I wish it had it too. Not necessary but cool to have especially since speedometers can become inacurate over time.

mark1wat

Reaction score
There are a few things I miss that I use regularly on my Garmin.

1. ETA - I hate the minutes to arrival
2. MPH
3. Being able to mark a point "anywhere"
4. Distance to destination

My GPS units have a "Data Screen" with a lot of cool info on time, distances, speed, etc. This would be a nice addition

There are a few more that I can't think of right now. They tend to come up when I am using it and I try to do something that I am used to doing on the Garmin.

I chalked it up to it being an app on a phone and not a standalone GPS. It has all the basic features and seems to work pretty well. However, if more options could be added, I would not complain.